facebook

greek

by: question

do sororities look more at act or gpa during rush

Posted By: question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Both   

The top houses with strict grade cuts look at both. That's because there are lots of schools where gpa means nothing because everyone gets A's. It's especially true of St. Louis private schools, where you can have a 3.9 and a 22 ACT. The bottom feeder houses look at neither and just take who they can get.

By: Both
by: CorrectMay 26, 2019 8:26:08 PM

We've gotten burned with private girls with high gpa's. Some didn't make grades and had trouble staying in school. It's almost like if the check doesn't bounce they will get A's. That's why ACT scores tell a better story. We have much better luck with girls from public schools in competitive districts.

By: Correct
#2  by: Alum   

Typically GPA is more important but if you have a bad ACT houses will be weary

By: Alum
by: AndMay 30, 2019 4:38:15 PM

They also will be wary. Weary, not so much.

By: And
#3  by: Facts    

We look at a holistic view. Girls get mad because they didn’t get in a top house when they have good gpas but you actually have to find a connection with a girl to get picked. Hence, we would rather have a girl with a 3.4 than a 4.0 if we connect better with her. Trust me some houses already know a lot about you before you walk in the door.. so don’t focus on the reputation focus on which house made you feel at home

By: Facts
by: Well...Jun 20, 2019 1:09:17 PM

A PNM must also make a connection with us, but we wouldn't take someone with a 3.4 high school gpa unless she had a 29+ ACT. Our national is pretty strict about grade cuts. But, believe me, there are LOTS of outstanding girls with stellar ACTs and GPAs who are personable and well-rounded. No shortage. On the other hand, if you don't have great grades or acceptable GPAs, you can still find a place in the Greek community. Just don't be discouraged if it's not in a top house. There are lots of good sisterhoods. Just stay away from the houses who only seek "hot girls." Those girls come and go and because so many of them drop/flunk out, the sisterhood suffers.

By: Well...
#4  by: Lol   

I’m not trying to invalidate any of what you’ve all said, you know your own chapter better than I do. However I know a lot of people who have done well on standardized test like ACT and SAT, but struggled in classes at Mizzou and have seen some people on the lower end excel academically here. Standardized test are so stressful and a lot of people have test anxiety especially over an exam you can’t prepare for with hardly enough time. Sometimes picking who’s a good fit is a gamble because nothing can definitively predict the outcome of college success

By: Lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.