facebook

be honest. outside of dues how expensive is it?

by: Extra stuff

Basically my parents are awesome. Our deal was get the best merit aid, best over all for and we will fund any housing choice, club or joining a greek organization.
The only catch is they will only pay for actual dues. What the house bills them for.
When it comes to allllll the extras how much should I expect to spend? I'm planning on saving my summer money for fall semester and then getting a part time job the rest of college. I just think starting college, pledging and working would be way way too much stress.

Posted By: Extra stuff
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yes   

asking the important questions!!!!! pls can an active respond?

By: yes
#2  by: Lol   

Tell ur parents to stop bein broke bois

By: Lol
#3  by: Depends   

Realistically it's up to you. If you want to spend nothing outside of dues, you don't have to. If you want t-shirts, they're usually about $20 each, but you can buy as many or as few as you want. If you want to buy costumes/outfits for swaps and date parties, budget $10-25 per party. But you can also borrow things from your big/upperclassmen bc they all will have stuff from their freshman years. Really it depends on how much you want to spend/are willing to spend. Keep in mind it costs money to go out to eat with your friends, buy alcohol, etc. But it's really all up to you.

By: Depends
#4  by: Me too   

Honestly plenty of girls work a few hours a week to cover extras at various jobs. If your dues, food, housing, car and everything major is covered then you will be fine. Just add an extra $150 a month on top of going out to eat and normal stuff any college student would spend money on.

By: Me too
#5  by: love    

we love a financially aware queen

By: love
#6  by: I feel you girl   

Some houses do billing systems differently than others so that would be something to look into. There is a round during rush that they should state about their finances and if they say they are “all inclusive billing” then this means that sisterhood events, date parties, etc all come from that one bill. So if they aren’t all inclusive you could be paying a small fee for anytime they have to buy a bus for the date party or you want to go to a sisterhood event . Hope this helps!

By: I feel you girl
#7  by: Extra stuff   

Very helpful y'all! That's all reasonable. I'm sure if end up in a house that isn't "all inclusive" they would give me more for things like that. Is $150 a month really on point for true extras? Obviously on top of normal stuff like shopping, alcohol and just regular hanging out.

By: Extra stuff

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.