facebook

machine

by: .

The Machine is real and absolutely enforces members of Greek organizations to vote for a certain candidate simply to keep other Greek people in power. It is immoral and unethical.

Posted By: .
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ua   

How is it immoral to vote for people that will benefit you the most if they win

By: Ua
by: ThinkMar 4, 2019 7:16:19 AM

It's one thing to believe in the candidate because you know their platform or their views. It's another to vote for them because you're threatened or coerced into voting.

Secondly, Machine candidates don't help Greeks. They help the Machine, who holds the Greek system to it's bland mannerisms and social schematics instead of letting students building their organizations up (and down) by their own accords.

Only at UA will you find such a wildly complicit Greek population adherent to a system that only hurts themselves. If I told you your fraternity couldn't have a swap with a certain house because of your stature, as defined fifty years ago, wouldn't you be mad?

By: Think
by: LOL^Mar 4, 2019 7:33:12 AM

What are "bland mannerisms"???

By: LOL^
#2  by: Lol    

Ok geed

By: Lol
#3  by: Candidates for me   

The only issue I’ve had regarding my time with the Machine’s choice for President was the JHdebacle. There was a lot of contention with his run with LR running again and his DUI during the later part of his time didn’t help. All other candidates have been very good to excellent (Price, gonna miss you, bud) during their time and with the support of the students.

By: Candidates for me
#4  by: Jj   

All the machine does is coordinate their coalition. At least for sororities I know about (and that I am in) there is information out there about who the house is supporting, but there is no enforcement on who a member votes for. At most, a house may want you to show proof that you voted, which does not include any information on who you voted for. Reality is that machine is just a very effective student government oriented coalition.

By: Jj
by: .Mar 4, 2019 2:17:35 PM

Not all houses nicely ask their members

By: .
#5  by: In my opinion    

The candidates that are backed all support Greek life. Many schools are having their Greek life taken away and rules here are getting stricter each year. I don’t think it’s wrong to vote for people who have the same interests as you and want to help improve something that you’re apart of. All they really do is let you know the people who are running that will have the best interest for Greek life rather than someone who isn’t apart of it and doesn’t quite understand why we value it.

By: In my opinion

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.