facebook

i just can’t tolerate the south

by: Can’t tolerate

Some states like Florida are tolerable because they are nothing like the South. But states like Alabama and Arkansas where everyone smells like fried chicken and ribs, talk like uneducated people with a southern vernacular, and have no knowledge about the world outside the South? That’s not me, sorry. I came to Alabama because I earned a full ride. I’m paying nothing towards my education. This school is different because many people here are from the north. But outside this school, I feel so awkward. I didn’t grow up like this, and trust me I’m not the only out of state student who feels this way. Others just don’t say it out loud and nor do I (that’s why I came here LOL). I understand that not everyone has all kinds of privileges but at least, you can be open minded or TRY TO. If you know you have old biases from the 80s and 90s, you know you can tell yourself that you are ready to take that extra step and change into a developed and modern individual. But no, you won’t because ignorance is bliss for some of you. It’s as if you know you are ignorant and love living in ignorance. Some of you need to grow up and understand that this isn’t 1888. This is 2018.

Posted By: Can’t tolerate
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Awww   

Were you feeling extra in need of attention today poor little troll? These posts are really, really dumb.

By: Awww
#2  by: Honest Opinion   

Good advice to be aware of the biases we hold. Couldn't have said it better myself.

By: Honest Opinion
by: SweetSep 25, 2018 4:25:41 PM

I love that you like your own posts. That's just so sweet.

By: Sweet
by: Honest OpinionSep 25, 2018 4:56:36 PM

Hey, Sweet, I think you misunderstood my post, which was tongue in cheek. My point is that saying "I hate the South" might be a tad bit biased. You know, if see a region of roughly 10 to 11 states as all the same that might be lacking in nuance or attention to detail.

By: Honest Opinion
#3  by: SouthernPride   

Senator Warren, go smoke your peace pipe.

By: SouthernPride
#4  by: Truth    

You are a Yankee nimrod. Delta is ready when you are.

By: Truth
#5  by: truth   

hmmmmm.....try letting go of some of your hate and intolerance towards people who are different than you. see how that works?

By: truth
#6  by: wow   

OP, hate to break to you but your own rant just demonstrated that you are the one with a bias and perception of the South dating back to the 1950s.

I have lived in many places, coast to coast, and I can factually state the most ignorant and prejudicial areas are not in the south. There are areas of the northeast where you think you are in the land that time forgot. There is a whole new level of hate coming from the west coast. The snobbish mentally of the major cities when looking at others as beneath them. There is a famous cover from the New Yorker magazine on how NYC people view the United States, they see New Jersey and some waste land until you get to California. The moral of that picture is the attitude that any place outside of NY or LA is just a waste of space and time.

Does the south have problems? Definitely, food choices are one of them. Especially the tendency to fry everything.

What is really sad is you based your college choice based on getting a full ride from a particular school and not one where you feel comfortable and would enjoy.

By: wow
#7  by: .   

Then I would suggest you withdraw and go back north. No need to bring your hateful rants here.

By: .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.