facebook

sigma kap

by: SK

Wow!! I just wanted to say that they got a lot of amazing girls. I think when they participate in formal recruitment they’ll do so well! What do you think?

Posted By: SK
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Opinion   

This isn’t the right place to be praising a sorority because it’s an anonymous ranking website and posting here will make you look like you are in the organization you’re praising. To be frank I don’t think they did that great of a job. I was hoping they’d prioritize quality over quantity but it does not seen as though they did that.

By: Opinion
#2  by: YIKES!   

Someone really went through and re-disliked multiple times. Love the positivity, y’all!

By: YIKES!
by: lolSep 23, 2018 9:51:07 PM

I know people are crazy on this site, but who would care about SK enough to do that? Sounds more likely a SK girl would go through and re-like posts.

By: lol
#3  by: stop    

SO PROUD OF SK. Drove past the girls today as they were walking down colonial and they all looked so excited. Can't wait to see what comes from them. Welcome to the row!

By: stop
by: OPSep 23, 2018 9:35:46 PM

I know right!! I am so happy for them! Imagine how amazing and wonderful it must feel to be the FOUNDING MEMBERS of a sorority chapter, that is so awesome! So excited for them.

By: OP
by: skSep 23, 2018 10:09:52 PM

You're way too excited to be someone from another house. It's very obvious what you're doing. You have a new colony and your first thought was to run to greekrank and pretend to be not an SK. Please please please don't go down this path. Y'all need to discuss this in your first meeting and stay off here.

By: sk
#4  by: Welcome   

Pan love to Sigma Kappa. Welcome!

By: Welcome
#5  by: pan   

I’m in a sorority that’s considered lower tier and we are all relieved at how Sigma Kappa did. Definitely good news for us!

By: pan
#6  by: Yeah...   

I hope all the Sophmores they screwed over be eliminating the upperclassmen quota this year are happy there!

By: Yeah...
#7  by: Aunt Gin   

They got lots of great girls...and a few not so great....just like every other sorority at UA. Lots of upperclassmen, but that's fine, they need a range of classes.
Welcome Sigma Kappa!

By: Aunt Gin
#8  by: Tide   

True sorority women would be applauding sigma kappa. Everyone says how badly we need new houses to keep pledge class size down well her is a new sorority and what do people do, criticize! Every house here self ranks and promotes their house. So what if they started this thread. Congrats to SK and good luck in the future.

By: Tide
by: wellSep 24, 2018 2:43:48 PM

I personally thought it was tacky they posted like an hour after their bid day ended. Enjoy your new sisterhood and get off this website.

By: well
by: LmaoSep 24, 2018 2:54:48 PM

@well how do you know it was them? Anyone have any chapter, heck anyone from anywhere in the country could post anything on here pretending to be anyone from any organization. It could very well be somebody in another chapter trying to make Sigma Kappa look silly. Truth is we don’t know it could only be somebody saying something nice too. So instead of jumping on Sigma Kappa and we don’t even know with them how about we just ignore the mean comments and just enjoy the nice ones people post about each other.

By: Lmao
by: @LmaoSep 24, 2018 4:17:05 PM

@Lmao Your comment lacks proper grammar and is quite tough to read. Yes it could be anyone but in my opinion it’s most likely one of the 250+ girls Sigma Kappa gave bids to yesterday. I’m not convinced you aren’t one of those girls either.

By: @Lmao
#9  by: Lmao   

🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼 ♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ 🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
What can I say texting at red lights isn’t my forte and autocorrect isn’t my friend.
People tend to project what they want onto posts on this site so if you’re really that upset with SK, no matter what anyone says or does you’re gonna associate this post with them.
Just like the other posts around here...someone can say ADPi, alpha phi and pi phi had a terrible rush and everyone could say OH WOW SO OBVIOUS ZETA or STOP BASHING PEOPLE DG. it’s whoever you want it to be posting on the other side of that computer. You want me to be an SK because you’ve decided you hate them already (pan love y’all lol).

by: helloSep 24, 2018 9:09:22 PM

Hi I’m not the original responder and I’m indifferent towards the organization, but I think it’s a little strange you’re so invested in people not thinking this was posted by a SK

By: hello
by: LmaoSep 25, 2018 4:34:00 AM

Hey there hi there hello. And you’re super invested in a brand new sorority looking dumb. It’s a two way streeeeeeeeet.

by: helloSep 25, 2018 5:30:08 AM

@Lmao I said I was indifferent to SK. That aside, I truly feel bad for them if they extended you a bid. Please work on your grammar and reading comprehension.

By: hello
by: LmaoSep 25, 2018 8:09:02 AM

Nah got my OR bid 2 years ago good try though. hard to believe someone here would actually want to be nice to a new chapter without subtly putting them down?

#10  by: Moms   

Tons of moms and SK alums posting here. How about people who really go here put it out there.

I saw their bid day along with many others. We know some of their upperclassmen and we reviewed and met most of their freshman. Tons of girls, which is a huge positive. A respectable amount of diversity which is also a huge positive. Seemed a bit disorganized and like a voter registration event or rally. Lots and lots of girls standing around looking for direction or something to do. It lacked excitement and joy from this vantage point. Line up by last name and get your shirt, fan, and bag kind of stuff then go mingle, but they just didn't know anyone or were lacking in the social skills necessary to make this kind of thing work, so lots of girls standing around looking lost. It did appear that they went for quantity and brought in some QRs, social risks, and others who seem to be there for the shear numbers. They bid some quality girls but they also had many many girls who were cut from my house for all of the typical reasons and I suspect they were cut from yours too. You could tell from some of the reactions from the girls there that they were surprised by the mix in the crowd, similar to the crying in the stadium look. IMHO they would have been 1,000times better off taking only 150 and sticking with the average and above girls who will bring this chapter some respect on campus.

I wish them the best since it is good that people find their place on campus and we need all houses to thrive to keep our numbers down. The weird self ranking and rush to shout how amazing they did by people who obviously don't go here or are blinded by their bias to SK is off putting. You should be off building your sisterhood, you mammas should be off getting on with your lives, and you alums should be internally supporting your house instead of creating some fake narrative on GR.

By: Moms
by: Christ Sep 25, 2018 8:04:26 AM

GOD FORBID SOMEONE ELSE IN A BAMA SORORITY SAY SOMETHING NICE ABOUT ANOTHER CHAPTER. Yeah they must be an actual mature adult and not an immature 19 year old. So much judgement. Maybe this is our issue as a community. We just sit on our high horses and pick apart each other instead of lifting each other up. This is what we do during rush and this is exactly what’s happening now. Let the SK founders be happy they found a home and don’t feed the trolls pretending to be SK coming on here. Just like the troll pretends to be student here at all.

By: Christ
by: yesSep 26, 2018 2:35:23 AM

I agree with this post completely. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of the above average women drop.

By: yes
by: YepSep 26, 2018 5:48:24 AM

I think this is why so many sororities give bids at pref during a colonization. There’s no excitement in showing up and checking in to get your jersey.

By: Yep

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.