facebook

sigma kappa

by: SK

How many girls is Sigma Kappa going to get? I’ve heard lots of good chatter about them but i’m still curious as to what kind of girls they will get! Do you think they will be selective or accept everybody?

Posted By: SK
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: nope   

National recruitment rules do not allow panhel to randomly increase the number of cuts each chapter has to make, it's based on a mathematical formula, so don't blame cuts during the week on SK. Now yes, there was no upperclassmen quota this year which means a chapter didn't get to take sophomores without giving up a freshman spot in the pledge class, but plenty of sophomores still got bids. Campuses are not required to have an upperclassmen quota, and if chapters think pledge classes are still too big even with SK, getting rid of it permanently is a fast way to reduce pledge class size.

By: nope
by: AlsoSep 24, 2018 2:16:35 PM

Upper class quota may have been removed, but quota additions were still in place for those who preffed and maximized options

By: Also
#12  by: Tide   

idk but they just don't have a strong name anywhere. they are only good in a few places. they seem down there with axd nationally as far as rep goes.

By: Tide
by: LmaoSep 24, 2018 2:12:35 PM

And AZD also has a good rep. Sorry they’re not a part of this made up since exist circle of worthy sororities for you (what’s that only kappa, DDD, and XO?) but SK is strong a lot of campuses and nationally. Definitely stronger than AST or ASA or Theta phi Alpha…
I could see this campus getting AZD next unless SDT bucks up and comes and joins the rest of us!
And hey at least they aren’t kappa beta gamma...

By: Lmao
by: @LMAOSep 26, 2018 6:15:11 PM

^ this

By: @LMAO
by: .Sep 26, 2018 11:28:45 PM

Alabama had 17/26 NPC sororities already. Most of the ones that are left are smaller-sized groups or, at best, mid-sized. Sigma Kappa and AXiD are probably the only two left that could even afford to establish a chapter here. If Greek life keeps growing and people don’t want to have total at 500, this is the only option we have. I don’t see the point in complaining that they didn’t bring on a sorority with a stronger national rep when the entire point is that they can’t, because those groups are all already here.

By: .
by: exactlySep 27, 2018 8:23:20 AM

And I'm sure the girls at schools out west, if they cared enough to judge individual chapters by how they are across the country, would say the same thing about Phi Mu or Alpha Gam. But even these smaller national sororities have "top tier" chapters at some places and have thousands of alums across the country. If you move to a major metropolitan area you're going to be able to find alums of your chapter after you graduate.

By: exactly

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.