facebook

hardest sororities to get bids from?

by: Hey

Which sororities are the hardest to get a bid from... like which houses will most girls be dropped by after the first day? Just curious!! Also which ones are typically the easiest?

Posted By: Hey
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 5
#11  by: Agree   

AXO, XO and even KD can be hard bids - specifically if you don't have some connection to existing sisters.

If you do happen to get in, may not be so great if that's not you - don't think this would ever happen at KD even XO, but a slim chance at AXo with better odds at KKG and DDD.

Have heard girls complain directly and second hand stories about feeling a cool reception at some of these houses if they were OOS and not already connected even as sisters.

PMu which can also be a hard bid, just seems to attract drama.

I do think ZTA can also be a bit selective. I know the southern girls don't want them, but with increasing non Southern OOS students, ZTA is competitive for those girls.

By: Agree
#12  by: True   

Goodluck getting a bid at DDD, KD, Kappa, or XO without SERIOUS connections(both alumni and in-house), being the tip-top of your class, and having a stellar resume.

AXO and PhiMu are selective basically on resumes only - no need for deep south connections or any really. They also like the drama of dropping girls. Gives them that false sense of superiority.

ZTA is quite popular and selective but yes mostly for OOS.

By: True
by: UAAlwaysJan 20, 2017 10:47:11 PM

PhiMu and AXO are very selective and focus on Alabama girls and your likely to be dropped if you are not from Alabama no matter how wonderful and beautiful you are. They focus on beauty, grades, pageantry, school involvement and if your from Alabama.

ZTA is also selective but allows many OOS, they do have a good number of Alabama girls as well. They focus on beauty, grades, school involvement (cheer/dance), and I will say it again beauty.

KD focuses on much the same as AXO with an emphasis on connections.

By: UAAlways
by: what's actually trueJan 21, 2017 11:01:44 AM

This is completely false. I know many girls who got in the XO, Kappa, KD, and DDD with ZERO connections. However, of you get in it might be harder to fit in to the "popular groups" within those houses if you didn't know anyone prior. Also, you do not have to have a stellar resume to get in to these houses. XO does try to get girls with good grades but Kappa, KD, and DDD do not focus on grades very much. If you have a good resume it definitely helps a lot but they really care about getting cute/trendy girls.
AXO is the house that makes their huge cuts based off of resumes. They look for girls with good grades and involvement in high school.
PM is very selective based off of looks and are starting to become more selective with the grades and involvement of their pnms.

Every single Old Row house is selective (AXO, AGD, DDD, KKG, KD and XO) and have a strong in state pull for girls. Each house pulls different in state girls from certain areas in Alabama. Each old row house also has a bunch of OOS girls because there are over 140 members in each house.

By: what's actually true
by: what's actually trueJan 21, 2017 11:04:02 AM

oops forgot to add PM as an Old Row house as well

By: what's actually true
by: JwJan 22, 2017 7:07:59 PM

Sit down xo.

By: Jw
by: uuuuh nice tryMay 24, 2023 10:02:06 AM

Yeah Kappa hard to get into if you're not on d r u g $

By: uuuuh nice try
#13  by: Easy peasy   

In Tutwiler during rush this year, the girls on my hall that were dropped by XO, KKG, PM and DDD early on still made it several more rounds with KD. I think KD waits to see what girls are left after those 4 make their cuts. Those others are significantly harder to get into that KD.

By: Easy peasy
by: TrueJul 14, 2020 11:04:38 AM

KD gets the leftovers from OR especially kappa. They usually give snaps because they cut so many girls early on thinking everyone wants them instead of kappa ddd or even xo.

By: True
#14  by: Did   

I came from OOS, didn't know anyone here, but had good requisitions for DDD and KKG from (not Bama) alumna and got them both through pref.

Had no reqs for XO, KD and Phi Mu and got dropped from them quickly.

By: Did
by: LauraJan 23, 2017 4:38:12 PM

Those are "recommendations," not "recquisitions."

By: Laura
by: DidJan 27, 2017 4:53:17 PM

My bad, with help from spell check. Yes, recommendations.

By: Did
#15  by: JustSaying   

I know that there are groups of houses that have similar girls and cross rush

But I didn't know of any girls at pref, with three houses, that were choosing between three of the most similar houses

Not saying it doesn't happen but I didn't see it.

Would also say that girls got bids and ended up in the house you would most likely expect of the threee. I think it tends to show that some houses may have "missed it" along the way.

There is a skill to rush. And some years, some houses don't get the best of their type at the end.

By: JustSaying
by: Fake poster?May 21, 2024 3:31:08 PM

Do you mean sisterhood or are you just pretending to be a Bama sorority girl? You only go to two houses for the Pref round.

By: Fake poster?
by: it was 3May 21, 2024 6:48:11 PM

It used to be 3 houses for pref. Changed to 2 but can't remember which year. Maybe 2019?

By: it was 3
#16  by: Hill   

DDD, XO and AXO are the most selective and hardest to get into

PM, KKG, AGD are next

By: Hill
by: Rumors from August...Jan 23, 2017 10:33:14 AM

Did DDD and PM do snap bids this past fall? Is that a rumor or fact? If true, was it because they cut too heavily in the earlier rounds and those mis-steps won't happen again?

By: Rumors from August...
by: ProbablyJan 23, 2017 11:49:36 AM

Rumors of snap bids are going to be false, because all sororities were above quota. But it is true that DDD cut too heavily in their first few rounds, and the girls they wanted at pref decided to go to other houses instead.

It's also true that PM's PC 16 is smaller than others, but that's mainly because many girls dropped before initiation. I have a good hometown friend who is a PM and she said it's mainly because their dues are so high and those girls couldn't afford it.

By: Probably
#17  by: Bids   

Easiest Old Row to get bids from: KD, AGD, KKG
Hardest Old Row to get bids from: AXO, XO, DDD

Easiest New Row to get bids from: AOPi, DZ and Theta
Hardest New Row to get bids from: ZTA, PBP and ADPi

By: Bids
by: DDdJan 23, 2017 7:47:14 PM

Sit down ddd

By: DDd
by: ORNRBSMay 30, 2023 3:37:54 PM

Yes to the yes! nr types in or and or types in top nr.

Found the GR troll too!
easy find - posts that don’t list kkg as hard to get into get massive down votes. constantly putting themselves firrst in list of hard to get into.
droog slooots are easy. look at their low, low low GPA ( bottom of UA) Hating on competition and constantly pushing their old row location without contributing ANYTHING like the other OR chapters. Hating on PM!

By: ORNRBS
by: ORNRBSMay 30, 2023 3:38:07 PM

Yes to the yes! nr types in or and or types in top nr.

Found the GR troll too!
easy find - posts that don’t list kkg as hard to get into get massive down votes. constantly putting themselves firrst in list of hard to get into.
droog slooots are easy. look at their low, low low GPA ( bottom of UA) Hating on competition and constantly pushing their old row location without contributing ANYTHING like the other OR chapters. Hating on PM!

By: ORNRBS
by: Huh?May 30, 2023 9:03:25 PM

Hey troll…You may want to take a look at the most recent grade report.

By: Huh?
#18  by: #18   

#18 is dead on!!! Perfectly stated for old row and new row!

By: #18
#19  by: I have to agree   

I believe it really does help if you have a rec from an alum that was at Bama for the old row houses. KD, DDD, PM, AXO and some times kappa. Kappa is not as strong as the others but the four listed are still the hardest to get a bid from for OOS and in state without connection. Its worth it to get a good rec.

By: I have to agree
#20  by: Disagree    

Axo on another level because of the grade and religious factors
Then pm because of pageant factor
Then xo and kappa
Then ddd and agd

By: Disagree

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.