facebook

change in fraternities over the last 5 years

by: GreekDawg

As a 5th year who just graduated, it's interesting to take note of how the chapters have risen and fallen in my time here. List is ordered in my view of rankings, although from ATO to Pike, no one is going to be right as to how those fall.
Key: (^) rise, (v) fall, (=) same

(=)KA, Chi Phi- Essentially the same. Rush the same type of kids every year and get consistently great, rich, affluent pledge classes

(= )EX- Essentially the same as KA & Chi Phi, has always been the 4th man in line behind “Old Row” and has stayed consistent

(^)Fiji- Was good when I started UGA, but with the elimination of Kappa Sig in 2010 and the rapid decline of Lambda, they have definitely solidified their spot in the Top 5, and has killed rush the last two years.

(v)SAE- Although they are still hanging on to their prestige and affluence, their presence on campus has fallen. They still are part of the Big 3 Old Row, but in terms of quality and popularity, I would say in the current system, they’ve lost ground to EX & Fiji. They aren't what they were 4 years ago, and their reputation has been tarnished quite a bit.

( ^)ATO- ATO was pretty middle tier around 2010-2011, but consistently gets good pledge classes every year and has moved up quite a bit in popularity over the last few years.

(=)SNu- is borderline middle/upper middle tier, and hasn’t changed a lot, although they have become a little more popular here very recently. Very entrenched alumni network helps them.

POST CONTINUED IN COMMENTS

Posted By: GreekDawg
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GreekDawg   

(=)Delta Sig- They haven’t changed all too much, never really in the game, although it will be interesting to see how their hazing allegations affect them during rush this year.

(=)TEP- same

(^)Phi Delt- Their nationals overhaul in 2012 made them at least a little more relevant and they have been getting sizeable pledge classes, although the quality of them is very debatable

(v )Theta Chi- Fell from Top 10 to bottom 20. Actually phenomenal how rapidly they fell. One of the best party houses when I was a freshman pretty much fell apart, and there isn’t much sign of them making gains anytime soon.

(?)Phi Tau- No one really knows how they’ve gotten 30 man pledge classes the last two years, still irrelevant

Rest are still irrelevant as irrelevant as they were 5 years ago.

By: GreekDawg
by: DawgAug 14, 2015 2:28:19 PM

This is the worst ranking ever and the fact that a 5th year is giving his opinion is even better. Spend more time looking for a job and not on here buddy.

By: Dawg
#2  by: Dude   

Go change your tampon

By: Dude
#3  by: HAHA   

Theres no country for old men you geezer

By: HAHA
#4  by: .   

very accurate, anyone that disagrees got downrated or isn't mentioned.

By: .
by: ..Jul 23, 2015 8:49:46 AM

Ok......or someone who has an agenda that took the time to up rate his house, down rate others, or leave some out.....

By: ..

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.