facebook

alpha omicron pi discussion

by: GR Administrator

Alpha Omicron Pi sorority chapter comments at University of Georgia - UGA

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 5 of 7
#41  by: A-OK   

Wow...that must have really struck a cord. And I was just reinforcing what Trust Me and MOM said to forreal - that's all. All sororities must know that their futures come from their past. When you are older and your legacy daughter gets cut you will not be very likely to make any monetary contribution to your sorority. You don't understand that now, but one day you will. It very very narrow-minded to think that you only owe a legacy one courtesy round of rush - that's absurd with 1500 rushees. Maybe this thinking is why AOPi is not a top national sorority in terms of chapter numbers and size. And yes, I probably should not have said that this year's pledge class is not all that great - that was not very appropriate. Sorry for that. It's just that there are 16 other sororities on campus with some awesome pledge classes this year. It was an AMAZING group of girls. Hope you can extract something of value from this post and good luck to you. - and quit dirty rushing, it's wrong

By: A-OK
#42  by: You've    

got to get over this. Some legacy girls act as if they are going to walk into a house with no effort. Given that ALL houses have tons of legacies you have to be on your game to get in. Let it rest.

By: You've
#43  by: A-OK??   

Amen. I am sure some girls walk in, thinking I am a legacy, so they have to take me. They have not idea that there are 1500+ girls trying for that same spot. Another direct quote "Maybe this thinking is why AOPi is not a top national sorority in terms of chapter numbers and size." Since your daughter was not a legacy of AOPi nor did she pledge AOPi, per your comments, I still not understand why you have taken it upon your self to go after AOPi alone. All the sororities faced the same problem with legacies. And, yes, I have extracted something from this exchange - in the future, if something does not concern me, I have learned to keep my nose out of it. Get over not getting a bid from AOPi.

By: A-OK??
#44  by: A-OK   

I'm not "going after you," I'm trying to help you" but is seems you grapple with accepting constructive comments. If you are not willing to give your legacies a fair opportunity to show their potential value as an Aopi sister, then your repuation begets you. Top 10 national sororities build their foundations in large part through legacies and financial contributions. I'm sure that many sororities have struggles with legacy issues - but unfortunately for you, AOPi is the one that has the legacy-slasher rep (and dirty rushing rep.) I'm personally touched by this through a dear network of friends - from all sororities I might add. And I would hope that my post might help next year's AOPi legacy rushees understand that legacies garner no more importance than the other 1500 girls who are rushing your house - something of which they clearly should be aware to avoid hurt. I would think some of your knee-jerk posts might deter your legacies away from your house anyway... Good luck to u

#45  by: A --OK??   

Just to clarify something for you, I am not an AOPi. This just struck me as uncalled for as I read through the comments on the various sites. I would have addressed it had it been on any of the sites, whether it be AOPi, Phi Mu, TriDelt, etc. It is mean spirited things like this that take away from the entire experience for the girls that have worked really hard to make an impression on the girls in the house they want. I know just as many legacies in several of the houses that got cut as I do at AOPi. Some cut more, some cut less...all the sororities that have been successful at UGA over the years faced the same situation. My only reason for addressing this is that you attacked one and did not address this with any of the others. Also, dirty rushing? I know some penalties have been handed out for this going on during the week and AOPi did not get any penalties. Just let the girls have a good time and enjoy "their" pledgeship and experience without trying to mess it up.

By: A --OK??
#46  by: A-OK   

If you're not an AOPi, then why is this any more your business than mine? In case you did not read it the last time, I'm not going after AOPi - but neither PhiMu nor Tri Delt nor any other sorority besides AOPi have posts expressing concern and disappointment for auto-cutting legacies. I did apologize for the one comment which was not appropriate. (Oddly enough, you seem to know a lot about Aopi for someone who is not an Aopi - i.e. the number of legacies that Aopi cut.) I can't possibly imagine what posts from A-OK would keep any Aopi pledge from enjoying their experience or "trying to mess it up." Those girls had NOTHING to do with your chapter cutting legacies and hopefully they will read this and realize their role next year. Maybe they will understand what you seem to be missing, as well as understanding that any form of communicating with a PNM during rush week is considered dirty rushing whether you get caught or not. Have a great year Aopi pledges!

#47  by: A-OK??   

So, these direct quoted comments from other sites are not about legacy cutting????

RealStrong?
AXO cut a legacy who has it all. Not a good way to keep your national org strong...the alum donations fund you.

re:re snaps Theta
Agree. Legacies should be given more than a fair shake, and all PNMs especially those with recs should be looked at for the potential contributions they can make. Chapters are slacking off, just basing their votes on looks and other superficial reasons. I support that they want a personality fit, but the entire person is one that will be with the organization for life.

alum
ADPi
what is up with cutting
legacies right before pref? bad form

alum
Very disappointed in ADPI at UGA. They cut a beautiful, high GPA, sweet, well bred, PNM legacy after 2nd round. Don't know what they are looking for, but they are stupid.

#48  by: A-OK??   

IS this not what you stated below - "neither PhiMu nor Tri Delt nor any other sorority besides AOPi have posts expressing concern and disappointment for auto-cutting legacies."

#49  by: oh YES they did   

May not have been caught but DID DIRTY RUSH! I know of at least 3 friends that got texts through "friends" phones ---strung them along "oh we hope you come back" & then cut them! TACKY!

By: oh YES they did
#50  by: I heard   

about some of that stuff too! Whatever it takes to make that quota huh?

By: I heard

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.