facebook

Why is aphi not respected??

by: Why

I saw on a lot of the rankings they’re listed low mid but they’re the only new row sorority outside of kd to do socials with every old row and every major frat so I’m confused how they’re not top with the others. Is it because they’re still new??

Posted By: Why
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: sad truth   

The frats that a sorority socializes with are not an indication of quality. That kind of thinking is their exact problem.

Alpha Phi has a bad reputation for their national recruitment process and sorority goals that prioritize 'hotness', appeal to boys, and social media presence over sisterhood, campus involvement, grades, good chapter management, and philanthropy. There have been many
exposés by members and former members in various chapters that confirmed that their nationals have directed them to recruit and run chapters this way. At least APhi's here had to have a good GPA to get into the school in the first place, but nationally they are not respected.

By: sad truth
by: yeahApr 29, 2024 2:21:26 PM

Exactly

By: yeah
#2  by: Hello   

Theyre very mean

By: Hello
#3  by: Tater   

I wouldn’t believe anything you read on GR when it comes to Aphi. There seems to be some serious axe grinding from a couple of very jaded posters who for whatever reason can’t stand them. Probably very personal.

By: Tater
#4  by: FraternityMan   

I like them.

By: FraternityMan
#5  by: My take    

alpha Phi is till trying to find their niche. Pretty Girls - lots of whom would like to be elsewhere but slipped through the cracks. Lots of out of state, didn’t have the “old row” connections and missed at KD. They will probably get to upper mid over next 10 years. Their problem is that they give the attitude that they are already “there”. It’s going to take them a while to get “there”. Need to calm down, find their niche, whatever it may be. Need to realize that No one comes in and gets to the top in a short time. Especially against places that have been here for 100 + years.

By: My take
by: YupMay 1, 2024 8:55:20 AM

I think you’re kinda right with this take. They came in hot with that big house on Milledge and didn’t kiss the ring of the Old Rows. The OR’s hate Aphi because they haven’t paid their dues so to speak. It’s a know your place attitude that is behind the most of the hate. Honestly, the hate reveals more about the insecurities of the posters than it does about Aphi. And no, I’m not Aphi but I know a lot of the girls in there and they are great. Can’t say I’ve had the same interactions With OR’s who are genuinely stand off-ish with all the “New Row” and flat out mean to some of us.

By: Yup
#6  by: Lol   

Aphis are all wannabe KDs, ignore the aphis above saying “ignore greekrank about aphi”, I’d say ignore greekrank about anything BUT aphi lol

By: Lol
#7  by: Aphi   

Aphi ONLY has those socials because they pay frats to have them. It also helps that majority are easy.

By: Aphi
#8  by: Daddy Dawg   

Look at the comments on Aphi. Typical mean girl s#!t. That’s just how some women act when they feel threatened lol.

By: Daddy Dawg
#9  by: Pope Uggas   

Aphi’s sin is that it has broken the first commandment of GR.

Thou shalt not steal thine old row thunder.

Pope Uggas has spoken

By: Pope Uggas
#10  by: nail on head    

Agree Alpha Phi issue is pledge class based on looks at different schools they have expanded in the south does not actually lead to a feeling of unification as people are more than skin deep. I think this leads to many pledges of Alpha Phi feeling disjointed from their chapters. Where in places Alpha Phi has been for a long time, they have more than just looks in common. Most Old Tier sororities at any school do not spend time talking about others they are busy having fun. This is an issue for Alpha Phi to fix on making pledges feel part of an identity

By: nail on head

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.