facebook

instagram 2019

by: pnm

I just got accepted to UGA and I’m planning on rushing in the fall! I was wondering what the typical “instagram rules” are here. Like, should I be following sorority girls or is that not allowed? Also, do houses assign girls to follow instagrams this early? Just wondering!

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Guest   

You’re 100% allowed to follow sorority members, in my opinion following a few helps to get your name out there, and as of right now they’re also allowed to follow you (I think after a certain point in the summer it’s not allowed though). Some sororities do have their members follow specific girls and some members just choose to do it on their own while others discourage their members from following PNMs.

By: Guest
by: pnmMay 14, 2019 7:06:16 PM

This is so helpful. Any additional advice would be helpful!

By: pnm
by: rushingMay 14, 2019 7:32:21 PM

I don't want to get in trouble for contact.

By: rushing
by: werfamMay 16, 2019 5:12:01 PM

Don't waste too much time on insta. It also feeds the drama, but it does give you a chance to get to know some people.

By: werfam
#2  by: dawgz   

you are totally allowed to follow them! As of rn, they may follow you back too. Some sororities have already started looking into girls who have followed the account. I think it’s the best way to get your name out there! Some girls within the sorority may follow you back as well. During the end of the July, they are not allowed to talk to PNM’s at all— that includes any type of social media interactio If anyone finds out, they will get in major trouble, although some people still do it. Dirty rushing is not tolerated, however I’m sure some sororities do it.

By: dawgz
#3  by: Insta   

I would probably put your account on public if it’s not already, just so if you do follow people they can look at your pics (hopefully this is a good thing!) without having to follow you especially if their sorority has rules against it. Just post stuff you would normally post though, there are honestly no rules for PNMs following people, just rules against sorority girls following PNMs really close to recruitment!

By: Insta
by: ugaMay 15, 2019 3:26:49 PM

This is true^^^ It's more about how the sororities keep their distance from you.

By: uga
#4  by: southernrushmom   

I'd work on your rush resume, including photo, and getting your alum recs done and make sure that your social media, from as far back as it exists, reflects you in your best light before I'd worry about who to follow or who's following you. I'd also not get attached to any one sorority based upon social media. If you keep your mind and heart open, you are far more likely to end up with a bid than if you develop an early favorite.

Good luck, it's a wonderful experience, after rush is done.

By: southernrushmom
#5  by: yep   

Sorority girls follow you to 1: find out more about you and 2: show interest in you. FOLLOW THEM BACK!!!

By: yep

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.