facebook

which sororities have best/worst sisterhood

by: aksk

what sororities have the best or the worst sisterhood?? i want to join a sorority this fall and was told that sometimes meeting them during recruitment isnt always an accurate representation of what it will be like once ur in the house. i wanna join a house where i will feel included and where the girls are all friends and love eachother

Posted By: aksk
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hm   

All Greek pegs have their varying internal issues with some being better than others. Reach out to dropped members and ask why they dropped and it can be for personal reasons or hazing and the panhells are notorious for this(cough cough aopi) if you have close friends in the Greek community they will have some insider info.

By: Hm
#2  by: IFC   

They all suck. The southern chapters would be appalled at the state of strats in toronto. Anyways, the stallions deserve to ride another night in Toronto before they head back on the Oregon Trail

By: IFC
#3  by: honest   

brutal truth - you will never find a house where everyone loves each other or everyone is all friends. it is impossible to put 30+ women into a house together and expect all of the personalities to work together or have everyone share the same interests. that being said, it is possible to find lifetime friends. one huge reason I have seen people drop is that they did not have an accurate idea/expectation of sororities before going in. I knew the realities before joining (my sister was in one) and I decided to take the opportunity to build community and leadership anyway. If you have realistic expectations going in and find an organization whose VALUES you connect with, even if you don't immediately click with the people during recruitment, that is what matters. Also keep in mind, recruitment does not feature all members and it is designed to put on the best front, not the most realistic one. trust your gut, trust people who keep it real with you, and focus on values.

By: honest
by: Veryhonest Apr 14, 2024 8:29:58 PM

As someone who is in a sorority, I genuinely agree with the statement above. There are people in my sorority who I don’t think I’ll ever connect with but I have people in their who have my values whom I am friends with. Try your best to find similar values and intrests within girls in a soririty and analyze if it’s someone you wanna be friends with. My advice is if you don’t find your people nor connect with your assigned sister mother during pledging I see no point to continue within the sorority unless you’re passionate about the philanthropy.

By: Veryhonest
#4  by: yeah   

what do you guys think i should do if i like another sorority more but im already in a sorority :/ i really wish i did formal recruitment. i think that would be my biggest advice. joining thru COB isn’t the best idea because i couldn’t meet all the girls

By: yeah
by: EhApr 16, 2024 1:04:40 PM

If you are already initiated and want to stay in Greek life your best chance is joining a panhel role for your chapter bc that way you can meet and talk with girls from other chapters

If you haven’t been initiated yet break the pledge and try and rush again once you are able to

By: Eh
by: tbhApr 18, 2024 2:12:59 PM

if you have already initiated, you can not join another panhellenic sorority on campus. if you don't want to drop, my suggestion is just finding your own way of enjoying your time there. that could be exec positions, getting really into philanthropy, networking with alumni or other chapters across the US/canada. You would be surprised how different the vibes are for different chapters, even if its the same sorority. like "eh" said you can also get involved on panhel exec or be a recruitment counselor to meet more people. sorority vibes change a slight bit with every pledge class, so theres even a chance you will find people you connect with more in the fall after they join.

By: tbh
#5  by: Why    

Why can’t you drop after your initiated

By: Why
by: .Apr 19, 2024 11:13:05 AM

you can always drop, but you can't join another panhel sorority if you have already been initiated (agd, aopi, aphi, ddd, gpb, kkg, pbp). you can join a non-panhellenic one though (AKDPhi, Delta Pi, DPsiD, etc). national panhellenic rules prevents dual membership, so you cant be in more than one of the 7 uoft panhel in your life, or any of the panhel chapters that uoft doesnt have. The states often have more options than here bc they have more panhel AND non-panhel options, plus a ton of professional frat options (pre med, business, etc)

By: .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.