facebook

What fraternities are safe to party at?

by: Sm3rtw4t3r

Hi I’m new to Wake and I’ve heard a lot of rumors and stories about many of the fraternities not being safe for girls to party at bc of drink spiking or brothers with allegations. Which fraternities are safe?? Which ones should girls avoid? Please help!!!

Posted By: Sm3rtw4t3r
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Annoying    

It seems like the only people on this site are talking about frats (parents probably since college guys aren’t on here). So it’s really hard to get a real answer bc there is so much bias.

It would be very helpful though to get some real advice for freshman girls. Surely that’s more needed than bragging who’s best.

By: Annoying
by: BeForRealSep 9, 2023 11:00:12 PM

Agreed - who cares about rankings. You all are bottom tier if you’re harboring environments that are unsafe to women. Don’t forget the mess that happened 2 years ago when several girls stepped forward about brothers with Title IX allegations and most of the frats did nothing…

By: BeForReal
#2  by: Annoyed2   

Glad to see someone asking about this. It’s getting to the point where every frat here has a story (I’ve even heard of some girls going through abusive relationships with brothers). Stay safe out there

By: Annoyed2
#3  by: P   

I mean i don’t wanna hype up my fraternity, but my frat and most others are moving to only canned drinks at parties out of concern for spiking. If you’re really worried about it, avoid getting drinks in cups.

However, out of the three frats I go to often, it’s never been a concern. Then again, you can never be too safe.

By: P
by: AsdffghhfSep 10, 2023 7:00:50 AM

Which frats?

By: Asdffghhf
by: PSep 10, 2023 8:59:46 AM

I know others do as well but I know Pike and Pikapp don’t have open containers at their functions

by: FollowupSep 10, 2023 8:18:01 PM

Ok but are the parties safe? Like what about the brothers in general it’s not just spiking drinks it’s a scary scene

By: Followup
by: PSep 10, 2023 9:31:33 PM

There are horror stories, but I think Wake fraternities are by far the safest place to party in Winston. Much safer and better regulated than ten years ago, and many bars are more likely to have creepy violent townies, along with being further away.

by: PSep 10, 2023 9:34:28 PM

Also, many fraternities realize that the best way to get girls at their parties is to create the least intimidating place to party. Wake students are smarter than the average SEC school, and they know its in their best interest.

#4  by: Safe ones   

Safe: Lambda, ChiPsi, Pike, Ka, SigPi,PiKapp, kSig, AEPi, SAE, tachi.

You will notice there are some missing from the above.

By: Safe ones
by: RecentAlumOct 27, 2023 3:24:58 PM

Just gonna say, my friend dated a guy in one of these safe frats mentioned above and the guy ended up abusing her. His friends and most of his PC knew, but they did nothing, took his side, and banned her from their parties and ruined her reputation. There were plenty of other horror stories as well that we heard of but the frat is still seen for their “nice guy” reputation. Point is, trust your gut. If you feel unsafe or that somethings off, leave, tell a friend, and get out. Same goes for at parties.

By: RecentAlum
#5  by: True   

Not DKE or Machi

By: True
#6  by: Parties   

What even happens at Wake fraternity parties? Is there live music? Any food? Lol Is it just a hookup scene?

By: Parties

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.