facebook

Stop the hate! Greek life is irrelevant here

by: Julie

Greek life at A&M is so irrelevant especially when compared to other SEC schools. Texas A&M has 1,200 pnms for 14 houses with 60,000 undergrads. Greek life at A&M is nowhere close to the numbers other SEC schools rush; BAMA 32,000 undergrads (2,600 pnms for 16 houses), Ole Miss 17,000 undergrads (2,100 pnms for 11 houses) or UARK 25,000 undergrads (2,200 pnms for 11 houses). So stop all the hate, it’s seriously unnecessary the majority of “top” girls at A&M are not even in a sorority!

Posted By: Julie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: hi   

In one breath you say stop the hate and in the other say greek like is irrelevant. Looks like someone should take their own advice. If you think it's so irrelevant then just go on about your non-Greek business.

By: hi
by: rightMay 6, 2023 4:14:45 PM

in one breath, "stop the hate" and in the next "the top girls aren't greek"

Um... okay hater.

By: right
by: WellMay 6, 2023 4:14:57 PM

Compared to other SEC schools, yes, TAMU greek life is irrelevant and therefore the slandering and ranking on here is pointless. It makes us look so unwelcoming and hateful even though that energy isn’t reflected in the girls I actually meet. The negativity on this website drives away so many wonderful girls it is so sad when we could be working together to make greek life a bigger and better and more connected here!

By: Well
#2  by: Real   

It’s fun being Greek but honestly now that I’m in it I see it isn’t really a big thing here. I mean you can find your friends in so many other ways. The amount of Greek students is so small compared with the size of our school. I have tons of friends in orgs. I think that’s why retention is so low here. Girls get in their freshman year and then realize there are so many other people and ways to meet people.

By: Real
#3  by: truth    

Thank you for finally speaking up! Greek life here will never improve with the constant bashing! Only saying the truth Greek life is nothing here compared to other SEC schools.

By: truth
#4  by: this    

Bump!

By: this
#5  by: Honest   

factual

By: Honest
#6  by: Irrelevant    

Answer to a post

By: Irrelevant
#7  by: TY   

Thank you for your post. You are spot on! In fact for those reading this who are considering recruitment, think long and hard before making the commitment. Don't get me wrong, it is fun and a great way to meet friends but there are other options without the high price tag. There are tons of women's orgs out there and many function like sororities do. Here's a few good ones to look into: Aggie Sweethearts, Maggies, Alpha Zeta Chi, Ryllies, Legacies and Aggie Royals.

By: TY
#8  by: stop hating    

This!

By: stop hating
#9  by: true   

Bump! Bump!

By: true
#10  by: BubbaStiff   

Haha, you clearly didn’t get a bid!

By: BubbaStiff
by: junior Jan 24, 2024 12:08:58 PM

It’s honestly not that hard AT ALL to get a bid at TAMU :/

By: junior

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.