facebook

sororities based on values

by: Howdy

To help all the girls going through recruitment, thought this might be more helpful that tiers. Here’s the impression I get of what each sorority values. Best of luck!

Values:
Acceptance: GPB, DZ, ADP, KD, AOP
Social Status: KKG, PBP, DDD, XO, ZTA, AOP, AEP
Looks: AXO, DG, ZTA
Grades: XO, PBP, KAO, DG, DDD, KKG, KD
Sporty/outdoorsy: PBP, XO, KD
Involvement: XO, KD, GPB, DG, ZTA, DZ, ADP, KAO
Loyalty: ADP, KD, DZ, GPB, KAO
Faith: KAO, DDD, AEP, DG, XO, PBP, ZTA, ADP
Granola: DDD, XO, PBP
Awards: KKG, KD, DG, XO, ZTA
Philanthropy: XO, KD, DG, ZTA, GPB, DDD
Sisterhood: KD, ADP, AXO, AEP, DG, KAO, DDD, GPB, DZ, KKG, PBP, AOP, XO, ZTA
Exclusivity: PBP, KKG, DDD, XO, AEP
Money: KKG, ZTA, PBP, DDD
Uniqueness: KD, ADP, DZ, DDD, GPB
Partying: KKG, ZTA, AXO, DZ, GPB

Posted By: Howdy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Nope   

This is BS, except grades. And the top chapters for grades are consistently Theta, ChiO, PBP, Kappa, DDD

By: Nope
by: ActuallyJul 21, 2020 12:34:47 PM

Most Recent Top Grades are:

1. Theta
2. Chi O
3. Kappa

Per CPC online grade rankings

By: Actually
by: Not sure Jul 22, 2020 1:10:49 PM

I don’t know if grade rankings matter so much since most of the chapters all are usually within .001 GPA of each other

By: Not sure
#2  by: Panlove   

Honestly pretty good and accurate. A much better way to look at sorority’s instead of ranks

By: Panlove
by: YesJul 21, 2020 7:28:00 PM

Agreed, every chapter here is so similar bc everyone here already had to be awesome and in the top 10% to be considered at A&M. Also this school tends to attract warm, kind hearted people. So when it comes to recruitment you are splitting hairs to divide very similar, outstanding women into 14 groups. Thus, each group picks some infinitesimal quality to narrow down the selection process. For some it’s zip code, others money, others awards, some GPA (again splitting hairs). I love love love my chapter but honestly, I have friends in every other chapter and could’ve been happy in any of them! I think that’s what makes Aggie Greek life special, we are all one family: Aggies first, greeks second.

By: Yes
#3  by: Pan love    

This helped me a lot last year to not sink into the “tiers” trap, and I found it to be pretty consistent! Good luck everyone, you can’t go wrong at A&M!

By: Pan love
by: YaasJul 24, 2020 7:59:48 PM

Rankings aren’t a thing here! All the chapters are amazing!!!!

By: Yaas
by: BumpJul 28, 2020 11:17:52 PM

PNM’s: best of luck in recruitment! Hope you have an amazing time!

By: Bump
by: AggieAug 10, 2020 3:21:20 PM

To all the PNMs, stick with it girls, you are halfway there! You got this! Follow your heart, you can’t go wrong at A&M!

By: Aggie
#4  by: Best    

Highest grades is great, but know that most chapters have a pretty high GPA cutoff. My roommate was cut from a lot of houses for this reason. It’s hard not to take it personally, but all chapters care about grades.

By: Best
by: kkJul 29, 2020 10:01:23 PM

What is the grade cut-off?

By: kk
by: Depends Aug 1, 2020 11:43:06 PM

Different for each chapter, but don’t worry! Just be you, confident in who you are and what you have to offer and you will find your dream home!

By: Depends
#5  by: no   

you did NOT put zeta under religious and GPHI under PARTYING HAHAHAHA

By: no
by: NahhhhhJul 22, 2020 1:02:35 AM

Idk I was asked about church involvement by zta when I went through recruitment and I also party with really fun g phis all the time so idk🤷🏼‍♀️

By: Nahhhhh
#6  by: Ag   

Bumping bc in my third year of being Greek here, this is the MOST accurate thing I’ve ever read on here and this is a way better way to get to know what chapters are actually like than just “ranking” bc they all value very different things

By: Ag
by: Hey AgAug 6, 2020 11:48:24 PM

So glad you found this post bc I feel the same way!!! Thank you!

By: Hey Ag

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.