facebook

how looks based is rush?

by: pnm

I am not a Barbie doll thin type of girl. I also realize that not all houses are looking for that type of girl so I am hopeful. I guess I’m just wondering what houses you all think are going to want me/be ok with me since I’m a little on the chubby side and not a blonde model

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: t   

people are gonna tell you that all houses love all types of girls and thats just not true. for sure houses that judge based on looks are DG, Zeta, AXO

By: t
by: AggieJun 27, 2019 2:14:19 AM

Just bc AXO has a lot of blonde barbies on their insta doesn’t mean there aren’t other types of girls! There are actually a lot of diverse types (you’ll see that going into rush... ) I had them until the last round and I only really got rushed by brunettes and a few were on the larger side, though compared to other houses here they do weigh looks a little more! A lot of the houses here want to showcase their “models” and barbies for appearances, even though behind closed doors it’s not always the case

By: Aggie
#2  by: love yourself!   

Just be yourself !! If any house judges you based solely on looks is that a place you want to be? Nope! No houses should, but that doesn't mean that some won't. Each house has a little bit of everything, some just more than others. You'll find a place :)

By: love yourself!
#3  by: Ki   

Gamma Phi (based on their recent spring PC lol), AoPi, and Adpi have heavier girls and do not care about looks

By: Ki
#4  by: honestly   

Honestly the prettiest girls are in the seats that are more diverse ed anyways. DG ZTA & AXO have no natural or inner beauty

By: honestly
by: honestlyJun 9, 2019 6:30:49 PM

sororitys^

By: honestly
#5  by: Not a typical rush    

Don’t worry baby girl. I know a lot of blonde Barbie dolls who didn’t get bids. It’s all about knowing people from HS or really connecting with some random girl during recruitment who has the backbone to pull for you, no pull, no bid.

By: Not a typical rush
by: yup Jun 19, 2019 9:07:20 AM

^ for realllllll. if you can carry a good conversation or know people from high school in sororitys here you’ll be fine

By: yup
#6  by: Hey   

You’ll be fine. Just Look at kappa. Top house, big girls

By: Hey
by: lolJun 23, 2019 10:20:44 AM

not a top house.... anyone else would say dg or zta🤷‍♀️

By: lol
#7  by: well   

everyone is judging you based on your appearance, just make sure you look put together if anything. straighten or curl your hair, wear at least a little bit of makeup, make sure your accessories match, etc. rush here at tamu is not as much looks based as it is making yourself presentable so the houses can tell that you care

By: well
#8  by: Help?    

I am 6 feet and 250 pounds. Can I get a bid anywhere?

By: Help?
by: :)))Aug 21, 2019 2:19:41 PM

yes

By: :)))
#9  by: Lol   

I am 6’ 8” and 320. Can I get a bid?

By: Lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.