facebook

if sorority rush doesn't workout for you...

by: GDI

I came here from a very small hometown out of state. A lot of my friends went to SEC schools and rushed the week before here. Rushed worked out perfectly for them. I was so excited to rush. I planned all my outfits weeks in advance. However, it did not workout perfectly for me. I ended up dropping the day of sisterhood round and crying to my mom on the phone. Why didn't it workout for me? I don't know, I had a 4.0 GPA in high school, I cheerleaded, I volunteered, I did track, I'm not awkward or unfortunate looking, I'm good at hair and makeup, I come from an affluent family, I never really used my Instagram until I got to college (but I don't think that really matters). Whether my personality was incompatible with the girls I talked to or the houses just liked PNMs better, the point is it didn't workout. I felt like my entire college experience would have been soooo much better if I was in a sorority, while it would have been so much fun and was always a dream of mine, it didn't workout for me. So if you don't get the house you want or you don't get a bid or you drop, it will be okay. I resented so many sorority girls and was hesitant to befriend them as a freshman, which caused me to miss out on so many friendships I could have had. Don't do that! You can still be involved in so many things here at A&M. You can still go to frat parties even if you're not in a sorority, and even make friends with frat boys. You could always rush again. You could join a woman's org or FLO. Just be nice to everyone and don't be afraid to reach out to the girls in your apt complex, classes or dorm and you can still make friend with whoever you want regardless of what they are involved in on campus.

Posted By: GDI
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ....   

It's sad that you didn't give the process a chance. You were the one that dropped before giving the sororities that were interested in you a chance. To other PNM's don't close the door on a fabulous opportunity because you had initially seen yourself as an XYZ and they have cut you. As long as you have an invitation, you have the chance to be a part of something GREAT. There's not one of the NPC groups that don't have a network of incredible women, leadership training, and a strong sisterhood. No chapter will be perfect - but every chapter offers you the opportunity to help it develop into something even better than it now is, and for you to affect positive change - for both you and your chapter.

By: ....
by: Delt, Delt, Delt!Aug 23, 2018 9:16:46 PM

Same person writing initial post and reply. And he’s a dude.

Just FYI.

By: Delt, Delt, Delt!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.