facebook

zip coding

by: idk

I heard that zip coding is a pretty by thing during rush. What are some of the "desirable" zip codes? just curious.

Posted By: idk
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Mann   

If you have to ask, you’re not in the right zip code.

By: Mann
#2  by: ^^^^   

Basically that. It’s Highland Park, Memorial, River Oaks, Austin Westlake, Alamo Heights. Old Money neighborhoods.

By: ^^^^
by: FYIAug 15, 2018 10:02:45 PM

Austin Westlake is not Old Money at all (mostly people from other cities/states who moved to Austin for tech jobs and did well for themselves). "Real" Old Money from Austin are still die-hard Longhorns and would rather go to SMU or TCU if they couldn't get into UT. Or private schools up North if they're the liberal type.

By: FYI
#3  by: Real truth   

Agree, families with money are not here in the College Station country dust bowl. Kids from the so-Called popular zip codes Think they are still in High School.

By: Real truth
by: UmAug 16, 2018 10:08:55 AM

I wouldn't say this is true. For the majority yes, but if you get into the very top of greek life there's some real money (private jets, multiple houses, etc.). Tamu just has a different culture and money isn't as flashy here.

I will say there's probably more money at UT though just bc their greek scene attracts that type of person.

By: Um

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.