facebook

not your typical "sorority" girl? any chances?

by: mexiCANt

I'm not what you'd expect when you think of a "sorority girl"; I'm hispanic and an artsy type and a little shy and pretty studious and don't really party too much, but I was wondering if any sororities here would be a fit for me? I don't really know anyone in a TAMU sorority either, so I don't have "connections" like a lot of PNMs. And I see all the social media pages and there's not a whole lot of diversity going on, but maybe its different from irl?? I'm really wanting to rush because I'd love to find a group of sisters and meet friends, but I'm a little nervous not exactly "fitting in" to the typical sorority-girl look. Any advice or help? Any houses that could seem like a fit?

Posted By: mexiCANt
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Girl    

Hey girl I’m a Hispanic girl who went through recruitment last year. Just go through the whole process very open minded. Don’t worry about going out every house will have girls who stay in or more that go out. Don’t worry too much.

By: Girl
#2  by: K   

Honestly, not many people of color rush or just rush the multi Greek sororities

By: K
#3  by: Honestly   

The question you ought to be asking is how many diverse people went through Recruitment last year, and how many didn't get a bid. How many you see on social media means nothing because we can only bid girls who try.

You'll find the number is very low.

Go through or don't. You won't get any actual useful information on this site.

By: Honestly
by: BsJun 22, 2018 12:56:55 AM

You’re comment is bull. Some people are actually helpful on this website. I can say for a fake the most diverse houses are Adpi, Gamma Phi and theta. Pi phi is diverse but not as diverse as those 3 houses. If she feels at home in a more diverse sorority great! She just wants to know about diversity among Panhellenic sororities.

By: Bs
#4  by: Hey   

The best reason to rush is exactly what you stated: to find a group of sisters and meet friends! There’s no “typical sorority girl mold” and even if a house wanted that, would you really want to be a part of it? No! Sending you good luck from the other side!! Be yourself girl!

By: Hey
#5  by: condi   

Definitely take a look at women's orgs

By: condi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.