facebook

word to the wise

by: agree

Zeta is MUCH easier to get into than Kappa, Chi Omega, Tri Delta. Zeta choses on looks alone, not zipcode or achievements

Theta chapters and their alumnae groups are STRONG in Texas. NOBODY compares DZ to Theta. DZ can't even get on campus at UT, TCU, SMU, Tech, Baylor.

TCU chose Gamma Phi over DZ because of the DePauw scandal with their national organization, and number of recently closed chapters, DZ has most of their chapters at D2 and D3 colleges.

Every sorority at A&M is better than DZ in Texas and nationally. I would not recommend DZ to anyone going through recruitment at A&M. And, yes, I would EASILY tell my friends to go Gamma Phi, ADPi, KD over DZ.

No one wants their daughter in DZ. Period.

Posted By: agree
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: DZ   

why does A&M have a DZ chapter, they don't fit with A&M standards?

By: DZ
#2  by: I agree....   

DePauw University Severs Ties With Troubled Delta Zeta Sorority

Associated Press

GREENCASTLE, Ind. – DePauw University's president ordered the Delta Zeta sorority Monday to leave its campus by September in response to a mass eviction of members that sparked allegations that only attractive, popular students were asked to remain.

School President Robert G. Bottoms told reporters at a campus auditorium Monday that the values of the sorority were "incompatible" with the 2,200-student private college in western Indiana.

Click here for FOXNews.com's Education center.

Bottoms said the school was unhappy with Delta Zeta's policies and actions and with some of the postings on its Web site that disputed the controversy that followed the evictions.

"I came to the conclusion that our approaches to these issues are just incompatible," he said during a news conference.

Bottoms said in a letter delivered Monday to the sorority's national president, Deborah A. Raziano that beginning in the fall, the sorority would no longer be recognized as part of the Greek system at the school. He asked the sorority to leave the campus in Greencastle, 40 miles west of Indianapolis, before next fall.

In a statement released to media Monday, Delta Zeta sorority repeated its stand that the 23 evictions were based on the members' lack of commitment to recruiting pledges. But those asked to leave have charged that they were removed because of their appearance, contending they

By: I agree....
#3  by: agree but...   

I agree but KKG and PiPhi have had to close chapters recently for similar reasons and DG had the infamous crazed email.

By: agree but...
#4  by: not the same..   

all sororities have had to close chapters for low membership numbers. DZ was told to leave by the university, their nationals did not close it, the university kicked them off. No similiar reasons. DZ was told to leave because of the way the national organization treated the actives at DePauw. No other sorority has been kicked off campus due to their national organizations treatment of members.

DG was one member who acted irresponsibly, not the national organization.

By: not the same..
#5  by: it is the same   

Yes, all sororities have had to shut down for multiple reasons including low membership numbers. But how many have you heard of that discriminated against appearance or popularity? Disgusting and embarrassing

By: it is the same
by: waitMay 25, 2013 5:44:57 PM

discriminating based on appearance or popularity....isn't that the same thing as Recruitment??

By: wait
#6  by: aggie    

DZ gets the girls who don't know anything about sororities going in and don't come from Greek families..and aren't concerned about the reputation of their letters after college--but at least there's a place for everyone

By: aggie
#7  by: The   

Person who is posting this is ADPi, KD or Gamma Phi. One if the lower groups just saying this because they come on and post negative remarks on the other sororities. This does not make your chapter more desirable, just ...mean, nasty and desperate. No class on your part.

By: The
#8  by: misinformation   

The lies you girls post on this website are worse than any other college in the country. Do you really have to be so insane? DZ had one bad incident a long time ago. However they have changed and it has made them stronger. Ole Miss is looking to colonize them as we speak. DZ is also at Alabama, Auburn, LSU and some other SEC schools. I love how you post what you do not know.

By: misinformation
by: sorryMay 28, 2013 5:23:12 PM

I wouldn't bring up DZ at LSU...they just had a pretty bad incident there too. You can read about at bamagreeksthatmatter.blogspot.com

It's unfortunate that one person can reflect badly on a whole chapter

By: sorry
by: ^^^^May 28, 2013 8:15:38 PM

ouch!

By: ^^^^
by: Ole MissMay 29, 2013 5:50:25 PM

Did not invite DZ to colonize. They were invited to present when campus Panhellenic opened for extension, but ADPi and Alpha Phi were chosen.

By: Ole Miss
#9  by: Wow   

someone has a lot of hate for Delts Zeta. Bless your mean tiny heart. It will not make your sorority better. Work on your own character

By: Wow
#10  by: Wow   

someone has a lot of hate for Delts Zeta. Bless your mean tiny heart. It will not make your sorority better. Work on your own character

By: Wow
by: agsororityMay 29, 2013 12:46:54 PM

why all the hate for DZ? They seem like nice girls

By: agsorority

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.