facebook

transfer and rush???

by: Transfer

So I'm transferring to a&m in the fall as a junior. Should I still try to rush a sorority or is it not worth it? I'm not trying to only be recruited by adpi/ph phi etc. so I need some help here on deciding whether to do it or not. Thanks!

Posted By: Transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

Probably not. But doesn’t hurt to try.

By: .
#2  by: Go Greek   

You need to be open to every chapter, not just because you're a junior but because all houses are selective. Even the ones that don't make Quota still release for grades, reputation, etc.

It will be even harder as a junior, but if you have at least 1 of the following + a 3.5+ GPA + recs for ALL houses (yes, all) I say go for it:
1. A great resume from the school you're transferring from - were you involved in a few organizations, did you hold leadership positions, etc.
2. Friends/ connections in house.

Honestly, as a junior, I'd be more interested in what the lifelong advantages to being in a sorority are. There are several groups that aren't "top tier" at A&M but have huge almunae presence and power nationally and/or the South,

By: Go Greek
#3  by: Give it a go   

Keep your mind open to any chapter. The new ones most likely.

By: Give it a go

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.