facebook

fraternities worth looking at during rush?

by: Rushee

What fraternities are worth looking at if you're out of state and don't really have any connections in the fraternity? It seems like Fiji would be the hardest to get a bid from based on what I've heard, but aside from them, are there any other fraternities here that probably wouldn't give you a bid unless you already knew a few guys going into rush?
I just don't want to end up wasting my time rushing a fraternity that doesn't hand out bids to guys that don't already have connections. Thanks in advance.

Posted By: Rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: It is what is is   

Fiji Beta SAE KA

That's it really. Don't waste your time on the others unless you're just looking for an easy bid but not respect from top sororities.

By: It is what is is
by: ThanksFeb 25, 2018 5:20:48 PM

How hard is it to get a bid from those? And when does rush usually start for the fall semester?

By: Thanks
by: Lol really ? Mar 20, 2018 4:11:47 PM

@Itiswhatitis is most likely an SAE or Beta trying to put their name up with KA lollllll - they also completely disregarded the OP’s question about “if you’re out of state and don’t really have any connections” , because FIJI is one that definitely will not bid you if that’s the case.
@OP , it’s hardest to get a bid from FIJI (in your case of being out of state with no connections), and it wouldn’t be hard at all to get one from Beta or SAE...KA might be harder though. As long as you’re not weird/creepy af and those frats think you can fit in easily with them, youll be fine.

By: Lol really ?
#2  by: answer    

If you're out of state and/or don't really have any connections , you won’t get a bid from FIJI.
As far as the other relevant ones, you probably have a good chance (with the exception of maybe KA or SAE)

By: answer
#3  by: Lol   

SAE isn't hard to get into at all.

By: Lol
#4  by: honest   

Delt, KA, Pike, SAE, Beta, Sigma Chi, Fiji
no particular order, all worth rushing, just depends on what you are looking for in a fraternity

By: honest
by: LolFeb 25, 2018 10:13:40 PM

Yeah uh no- to pike delt and sigma chi

By: Lol
by: Ur kidding right Feb 25, 2018 10:38:53 PM

^ says the Beta

By: Ur kidding right
#5  by: Aggie greek   

Don't listen to any of the try hards on this site that say only a few of the fraternities here are worth it. Go through rush and find out where you fit in. I guarantee you that almost every chapter here will give you a much better college experience than being a GDI.I've never heard of anyone not getting a bid just because they were out of state so as long as you are a cool guy I don't think you will have a problem.

By: Aggie greek
by: ^ Exactly, but also Mar 20, 2018 11:38:20 AM

Frats that are worth looking at if you're out of state and don't really have any connections in the fraternity are: Pike, Delt, Sigma Chi, KA maybe, Beta, SAE maybe. There’s more frats than that, but those are the ones worth your time - very small/no chance FIJI would take you.

If any/all of those^ cut you, then try looking into the other smaller/less relevant frats that definitely don’t care about stuff like “who you know” and “where you’re from” are Kappa Sig, DKE, Pi Kappa Phi (“PiKapp”, name is easily confused with Pike/Pi Kappa Alpha), ATO, SAM, Phi Delta, Alpha Sig, and Theta Chi. Those ones are all either mid- and bottom-tier , but if you find that you fit in with them then that’s great.

By: ^ Exactly, but also
by: DisagreeMay 12, 2018 3:42:50 PM

I wouldn’t recommend some of the smaller frats. If you’re looking to be associated with jerks then go ahead and rush kappa sig, but they definitely aren’t worth it. Some of the worst guys on campus. DKE couldn’t be more irrelevant. Pi Kapp has some cool guys, worth looking into. Most of the smaller frats wouldn’t be worth it. You’d be better off in a men’s org.

By: Disagree
by: @aggiegreekJun 26, 2018 12:01:00 PM

@Aggie Greek - there are so many frats here that the OP has a valid question , and during rush week you can’t go look at all of them you can only really rush 2-3 (maybe 4?) if you really wanna get a bid — the ones relevant enough to try to get a bid from are SAE, Delt, KA, Sig Chi, Beta, Pike (and FIJI if you can)....Others that are somewhat relevant but smaller are ATO, Kappa Sig, DKE, Phidelt, and Pikapp.....If you get cut from any one of them though it’s not the end of the world, just look at any other of any size because there’s like around almost 20 frats now I think

By: @aggiegreek
#6  by: Girl's Opinion   

Fiji is mostly connections, true.
KA is also kind of connections based but if you are from a close Southern state and have the same vibe, background, and look good you can get a bid.
SAE is a top party frat so it's mostly Texas guys but again if you're good looking and sociable you should be fine.
Delt/Sigma Chi/Pike/Beta are decent frats that are not so picky on where you come from. Preference is still given to old high school and sports team friends, but it's definitely not hard to get a bid.

By: Girl's Opinion
by: agreedMar 20, 2018 11:27:25 PM

accurate af ^

By: agreed
by: NopeMar 27, 2018 6:17:07 PM

Definitely not hard to get a bid from Pike.

By: Nope
by: AndMar 27, 2018 10:41:30 PM

^Also not hard to get one from SAE, Delt, Sigma Chi or Beta

By: And
by: :-)Jun 16, 2018 12:27:00 PM

true

By: :-)
#7  by: Updated    

SAE, Delt, KA, Sig Chi, Pike

By: Updated
by: Really?Jun 28, 2018 8:02:26 PM

Lol Pike? Sure, only if you get cut by the others on the first day

By: Really?
by: HonestlyJun 29, 2018 8:46:11 AM

Not hard to get a bid from any of them. Greek life here is a joke compared to other SEC schools.

By: Honestly
#8  by: sorority   

DKE
They have a new huge house they are often forgotten by the other frats, but the sorority girls love DKE and their parties

By: sorority
#9  by: Hon   

This^^

By: Hon
#10  by: Tab    

ATO

By: Tab

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.