facebook

rush questions

by: Tamu22

hello- I will be at tamu next fall and I will definitely be rushing. I know a lot about how UT rush works, where girls who rush tend to live, etc. I dont know any of this info about tamu though, so I was basically just looking for advice/ wondering how brutal rush is here

Posted By: Tamu22
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

It doesn’t really matter where you live because you’ll have to take the same bus to the row everyday but Callaway is within walking distance to the bus pickup. But you can always just get a parking pass for the week and drive if you need to. But the first two days you’ll go to all the houses and it’s basically a “get to know you” atmosphere, then you’ll pref your fav 10 houses and then “cut” 3 of them. However, houses are still cutting you so there’s a great chance that you’ll go back to one of the houses you “cut”. Then the next two days after that you’ll go back to up to 10 houses for philanthropy round. (There is also a great chance you will not go back to 10 houses. You’ll probably go back to an average of 6-8) then you’ll pref again and rate your top 6 fav houses and “cut” your bottom 4 (or however many you have left) if you only go back to 6 houses then you won’t be cutting any houses for sisterhood round the next day. On sisterhood round you’ll go back to up to 6 houses and spend a little more time with the girls getting to know about their sisterhood. Then you’ll pref again your top 2 houses that you want to go back to for pref night. Then you’ll go to up to 2 houses on pref. If you only go back to one house of pref, then congrats, that’s your new sorority! If you go back to 2 houses you’ll go and spend some more time with them and then you’ll pref those 2 houses in the order that you like them and then bid day is the next day when you find out what sorority you’re in!! Hope this helped!

By: .
#2  by: .   

^^ forgot to mention, the “top” houses like zeta, tri delt, and kappa kind of pick out who they like best in the summer. So if you’re not on their list or you don’t know any one in those houses, there’s a really good chance yol get cut from those houses early in the week. Delta gamma, pi phi, and chi o are also very selective but they get to know girls personalities and qualities before cutting them. Delta zeta, gamma phi, ADPi, kd, and aopi are bit more lenient when it comes to cutting girls. (They are all great chapters that’s just the way it is)

By: .
#3  by: !!   

Bump

By: !!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.