facebook

what's the difference between....

by: a-a-a-a-a '21

Frat guys like SAEs and Betas and ATOs? Delts, Phi Delts, KA Order, Fijis, Pikes?
Sororities like ZTA, DG, DZ, DDD, AXO, GPhis, Pi Phi?

I've met people and friends this 1st semester from different frats and sororities, and almost every frat guy seems to be almost the same, while the sorority girls seem a bit more different. Is that typically true here? Or is it vice versa? (Like i said, besides my greek friends ,I've only just met a few of each in various frats and sororities, so i don't know what their whole organization reputation is like on our huge campus)

I might be considering rushing this summer and fall sophomore year, thought i should try to get to know more (even if this site has some misinformation, its better than no information...), bc my greek friends of course are going to be biased

T's and G's!

Posted By: a-a-a-a-a '21
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Lol   

No bid

By: Lol
#2  by: come on now   

that is the point of this website.... you can click on each fraternity and sorority and people will tell you about them

By: come on now
by: lmao u right ^Dec 21, 2017 10:39:44 PM

tru but this poor freshman n00b prob just wanted people to tell him the differences on his post ,rather than read through all the past posts and rankings lmao

By: lmao u right ^
#3  by: Well   

First off are you a guy or a girl?

Sororities do typically each have their own flavor and stereotype. Obviously this is not true of even 80% of the girls in each sorority, but there is definitely a correct "fit" (and accordingly, what is considered the best for you can vary greatly).

Guys on the other hand are much much more similar to each other like you said. Unfortunately, fraternities aren't the most positively looked at group out there except for 2, maybe 3 fraternities. The rest are just lumped into a "tryhard" lifestyle. Even mid-tier frats can throw a better party than anyone else, but that kind of stuff is only fun for your first year. As an upperclassmen, guys are worried about internships and jobs and girls want to find someone with a good job to bring home to her parents and get married to (this is A&M after all).

By: Well
by: AgreeDec 22, 2017 3:37:09 AM

This is true. I would add that the "top tier" fraternities (Fiji, KA, old Sig ep) usually have more guys that go to competitive or "good" careers because of connections and such. There are still some guys in other fraternities that are like this too, just not nearly as many.

By: Agree
by: OPDec 22, 2017 4:35:43 PM

@Well I'm a girl.. I guess my question was just whats the difference between all the different sororities and frats and the people in them? There's just so many of them.

By: OP
#4  by: Answer   

Girls are pretty drifferent depending on sorority, guys are pretty similar in the top fraternities.

IMO the only fraternities worth their salt are: KA, SAE, FIJI, Delt, and Beta.

For sororities, it is: Tri Delt, Kappa, Zeta, Chi O, and DG

By: Answer
#5  by: No lie    

Cooler, more social, more fun and better guys: SAE, KA, Delt, Fiji, Pike, Beta, Sigma Chi

Guys that couldn’t get into any of those^ frats: KSig, ATO, Phidelt , DKE, SAM, Phi Psi, PiKapp

By: No lie
by: HaJan 3, 2018 10:56:23 AM

Pike? Just no. Bids anyone. No quality. Buncha dweebs. Steer clear if you want respect.

By: Ha
by: @no lie is right tho Jan 4, 2018 12:56:57 PM

^^

By: @no lie is right tho
by: AnswerJan 7, 2018 8:39:35 PM

Lol true @No Lie
There's definitely a difference of kind of guys between frats like ones like Phi Delt, Sammy, DKE and ones like SAE, Sigchi, KA, FIJI, ... See for yourself lol

By: Answer
by: AggieJan 16, 2018 12:50:44 PM

Ive heard the guy that end up going Pike ( and some Betas) usually get cut during rush from those other frats that you listed them with..so, no. Move them down to the other list w Kappa Sig and those others...

By: Aggie

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.