facebook

it shouldn't be this way.

by: TCU

First off, let me just say I am in a sorority, and I love it, but so many things about greek life just annoy me so much. I was bored, so I got on this website, and it saddens me to see that all anyone really cares about is what house is best and what house is not. Sororities were not supposed to be this way. I know my founders and the founders of every other sorority and fraternity did not want what they created to become a popularity contest. For all PNMs and rushees, go through rush with an open mind. You shouldn't care what ranking a house is because that is not what greek life should be about, and also rankings of houses differ so much from school to school as well. You should want to join a sorority or fraternity that you fit in with, and that you have the same values and principles as. For all who read this, just take a moment to think about this during Rush.

Posted By: TCU
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Yes!   

So well said!! Perfect advice and so true! Greek life is great but look for a fit. If you're focusing on popularity you're completely missing the point. In 20 years it won't matter how your house ranked on some stupid site. It will matter if you found friends for life that share similar values and ideals. Go through rush and choose wisely future frogs!!

By: Yes!
#2  by: :)   

I love this!! Perfect!

By: :)
#3  by: Bravo    

A great reminder of the school and greek community spirit we should strive for.

By: Bravo
#4  by: <3   

Love, LOVE, <3 this

By: <3
#5  by: Wisdom   

This post captures Beautiful words of wisdom and are true. If only the people who come on here to bash people would listen. It makes our entire community look awful. Those are the kind of people that will never listen to this message though.

By: Wisdom
#6  by: Chillin   

Thank you to whoever put this up. It saddens me that only one person can make us all look awful. We are one school and one community. Hopefully, those that need to think about this will be encouraged by your message.

By: Chillin
#7  by: Senior   

This is one of the nicest comments I have ever seen on here. What a truthful sentiment that we all need to consider.

By: Senior
#8  by: Perfect   

Perfect post! The Greek community is awesome and supportive. It's a live and let live attitude for the most part. A few negative fools on this site make all of us look bad which is sad. Just go in with an open mind and you'll find your place. There's something for everyone and room for everyone at TCU. We're all Frogs united in purple!

By: Perfect
#9  by: Wow   

This is such a positive message. It is refreshing to see something like this on this site that can so often seem full of negative half-truths.

By: Wow
#10  by: FYI   

This is what all incoming frogs need to keep in mind. Whether you go greek or not being here should be about positive friends and preparing for the future. Nothing else matters much at the end of the day.

By: FYI

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.