facebook

rush

by: Newbie

Me and my best friend have both been accepted to TCU and she is on the fence about attending. I keep talking how much fun it will be especially rush. She is not so sure as she is black and thinks TCU is very exclusive and will not be open to minorities and she will not get any bids. I'm really trying to get her to attend, but she is scared the experience will not be positive, and is leaning towards other university; Can anyone give honest feedback on this topic?

Posted By: Newbie
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Today14   

The "southern" chapters are not our strongest anyway. Come and join a house that will welcome everyone and help make it as strong as it can be.

By: Today14
#12  by: sorority members   

the 3 sororities that I know of that have black members are Chi O, DG, and Pi Phi

By: sorority members
by: ^Feb 25, 2014 2:48:08 PM

GPhi also

By: ^
by: PNMsFeb 25, 2014 5:06:55 PM

These four chapters are all strong and diverse. She will be fine! She will need to guard here feelings with the "southern"/"Texas" houses but LOTS of other good options are available. The open minded groups want diversity.

By: PNMs
#13  by: Froglet    

Pi Phi, Delta Gamma, Gamma Phi Beta and Chi O all have African American members currently. Panhellinic is encouraging more diversity so she will be fine. She may fine KKG and Tri Delt (our southern houses) less inviting but there are many chapters that are stronger anyway.

By: Froglet
#14  by: Truth    

There are groups that are quite open to people of color in the greek system. There are also great groups devoted to embracing your heritage or majors. She will find a lot of choices here.

By: Truth
#15  by: Rose    

Some of our best houses have a diverse membership. She should not let a few closed minded people keep her from coming to this great university. She will find the perfect for her here.

By: Rose

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.