facebook

unsure

by: deciding

I've been looking at schools currently (I'm a senior in high school) and I was wondering what the difference is in Greek life when you don't have a house. where/how do you meet and is the bond as strong as it would be if you were living with your sisters? I was unaware that tcu didn't have houses and now I'm questioning my desire to go there!!

Posted By: deciding
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Row    

I have never even thought of this question because our greek system is so active and respected. If you want a school that is strong in academics and greek at a beautiful campus you cannot beat Texas Christian University.

By: Row
#12  by: Home Sweet Home   

Every soroity has a house and all but the newest frat does too. You do live, meet and socialize in your house. They are all side by side and are like mini dorms. TCU has already begun building an entirely new greek row. The building doesn't matter as others have said its what happens inside. TCU greek is very strong plus we are now the second hardest school to get in to in the state (only Rice is harder) so we are top tier all around.

By: Home Sweet Home
#13  by: PNM?   

Like written below, we have houses. They are just built in a norm style. Each chapter has their unique interior. The activities inside are no different than if it was a normal house. We DO have one of the strongest greek communities in the country no matter what the building looks like. It is a non issue really.

By: PNM?
#14  by: Loco   

You would really choose a school by their greek houses...pitiful

By: Loco
#15  by: Snowy Day   

If you are so dense that what type building we have would change your decision then loosing you here would not be a loss. We have one of the strongest greek communities in Texas regardless of our dorm like housing.

By: Snowy Day
#16  by: NtheNo   

We still meet and live in our houses. It is what happens inside the house that matters more than the building. TCU is one of the best schools around with a vibrant greek community. Don't let the buildings cool you. Plus, they are starting construction on all new greek buildings. They will be better than ever.

By: NtheNo
#17  by: Holly   

Our greek row may be dorms but it is as strong as any in Texas. It's the people who matter not the building.

By: Holly
#18  by: Now   

Housing is much less important than what happens inside them. True we don't have traditional houses but construction has begun on a completely new greek row. We meet and party in our dorm style houses can can stand up to almost any greek community in Texas.

By: Now
#19  by: News   

They have begun construction on a totally new greek row so now is a better time than ever to go TCU greek.

By: News
#20  by: Frog Aid   

They have already begun construction on a whole new greek row so you would be getting the very best. True we have dorms not houses but its the activities inside them that matter and we are very active. Don't let a building make your decision.

By: Frog Aid

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.