facebook

unsure

by: deciding

I've been looking at schools currently (I'm a senior in high school) and I was wondering what the difference is in Greek life when you don't have a house. where/how do you meet and is the bond as strong as it would be if you were living with your sisters? I was unaware that tcu didn't have houses and now I'm questioning my desire to go there!!

Posted By: deciding
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: ?   

We do have houses and so do the frats. They are all together on our greek row. They are all the same on the outside and are similar to mini dorms. However, you do live and meet in your house. Yes, it is neat to have actual houses but the dorms don't keep us from having any less involved of a greek life. TCU is also in the process of building an entirely new greek community. Our greek system can stand up against any!

By: ?
#2  by: really?   

are you actually questioning a school because of it's greek housing? just wondering

By: really?
by: unsureSep 29, 2013 2:16:07 PM

no, but I do think it's important to consider and when it comes between tcu and another school it could be the difference between which one I choose

By: unsure
#3  by: Tcu   

The houses we have are basically exactly the same as any other school, it just doesn't look the same because every house looks the same. We have the greek and everything, and you live in the house your sophomore year. Also the sororities and fraternities have houses off campus too where they have parties. You don't even think about that we don't have traditional houses when you're here!

By: Tcu
#4  by: Answers    

Agree with above^^^. The buildings may not be as cool but the action is the same. TCU is almost building a entire new greek. They have already started.

By: Answers
#5  by: TCU   

TCU actually has one of the top ranked greek systems in the US. If you want to go greek this is definitely the place for you.

By: TCU
#6  by: Greek   

Our greek row make not be as exciting on the outside as traditional houses but it has no w
Affect on the action inside. TCU greek is one of the most active around.

By: Greek
by: TCU Mar 3, 2014 2:26:32 AM

Agreed

By: TCU
#7  by: Truth    

Can't imagine that our Greek life is any less with active or respected because of not having a normal old house. We still live, party and hold meetings in our Greek row.

By: Truth
#8  by: ?   

It's what takes place on greek row that matters not what the building looks like. Our greek system is one of the strongest around. We can hold our own with any campus.

By: ?
#9  by: Advise   

We are building a new greek that will probably put most rows to shame. Construction has already started. Whoever told you we don't live or meet in our greek was wrong.

By: Advise
#10  by: You Know It   

Greek life is determined by what goes on in the houses not what they look like. Our system is one of the best.

By: You Know It

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.