facebook

grades, etc

by: PNM

Which sororities really emphasize grades? I want to go to medical school so I have to make good grades in college. I still want to party and have fun, but I realize that some houses are known more for the partying side and care less about grades.

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 8
#1  by: Really   

Traditionally, the houses which put the most emphasis on grades are Theta, Chi O and Gamma Phi. Theta and Gamma Phi seem to have the most girls with majors in the medical/science field. You can always make strong grades in any house but it is helpful to have a group that's studying with you. Sounds like you will do well no matter which house you choose.

By: Really
by: Froglet Mar 4, 2014 10:40:55 PM

Solid information!

By: Froglet
by: ZApr 3, 2014 5:10:53 PM

This is honest advise

By: Z
by: Rush May 6, 2014 12:14:15 AM

Theta prides themselves in always being first. In recent years Chi O and GPB have followed close behind.

By: Rush
by: SummerMay 17, 2014 12:05:06 PM

I would agree with this post. These are the 3 most assosiated with high grades.

By: Summer
by: Girl May 26, 2014 1:38:05 AM

There is good advise here. You will be your own person as an adult and make study choices though.

By: Girl
#2  by: Help   

Theta, Chi O and Gamma Phi put more emphasis on academics but still are social. Zeta, Pi Phi, DDD, DG and Kapps have more emphasis on socializing. Kappa was last in grades and ADPhi usually is last.

By: Help
#3  by: Frog1st   

Agree with the advise above. You can choose to study hard no matter what house you choose but it is nice to be surrounded by like minded people. Check out Theta, Chi O and Gamma Phi if you are looking for the stronger academic houses.

By: Frog1st
by: LovelyDec 15, 2013 2:18:32 PM

Word to the wise

By: Lovely
by: AdviseApr 9, 2014 12:48:54 AM

Agreed

By: Advise
#4  by: Student   

On target!

By: Student
#5  by: Tcu   

Gamma Phi and Theta have the largest group of girls with medical/nursing majors. They and Chi O put the most emphasis on grades. If you still would like to go out some look at Chi O and Gamma Phi. Theta is less social. You wouldn't go wrong with any of these houses. They are all respected.

By: Tcu
by: Purple toadMay 12, 2014 8:28:15 PM

Solid answers but remember you set your own path in college so you can choose to study or go out in any house.

By: Purple toad
#6  by: Helper   

Put your emphasis on Chi O, Gamma Phi and Theta

By: Helper
#7  by: Real    

Helpful and truthful post for PNMs

By: Real
#8  by: guysknowbest   

sounds like chi o. they get the grades but aren't like weird and awkward and can have fun, unlike some other houses that rely on grades for rush.

By: guysknowbest
#9  by: Honest   

Theta, Chi O and Gamma Phi are consistently top in grades and attract girls with more demanding majors. All are well respected and active on campus. Keep these in mind for sure. Good luck finding the best sisters for you!

By: Honest
#10  by: grades   

I agree. Theta, Chi O, and Gamma Phi are the ones that will help make sure academics don't get lost in all the other fun activities. They're all fun girls -- don't get me wrong. They just know how to make time for everything -- academics and socializing!

By: grades
by: Bleed purpleFeb 25, 2014 6:21:40 PM

Perfect response

By: Bleed purple
by: TruthMar 1, 2014 7:39:36 PM

Great an

By: Truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.