facebook

importance of legacy

by: PNM

Hi everyone! I was just wondering how much importance each sorority places on legacies at TCU? My grandmother was in a specific house (I won't name names) and I was wondering if that actually helps? Furthermore, am I even a legacy if it was only my grandmother who was a member of this sorority? I know its different for each chapter... any insight into which chapters consider a granddaughter a legacy?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Really   

If you find that your legacy house is the one you feel most welcome in that would be awesome. Remember houses change every year with people coming and going and defer even more from school to school. Don't limit yourself. A legacy can open a door but have to get to know each house before you can know where you fit. Have fun!

By: Really
by: TCUsoroFeb 12, 2014 3:14:14 PM

Good to remember this

By: TCUsoro
#12  by: Recruit    

Legacies will help on the first round but after that you are mainly on your own. (Except for Chi O which doesn't follow any rules). Like the post before says, houses change year to year and from school to school. If your grandmothers house feels right for you then go for it. If not, be open to starting your own legacy for your daughter.

By: Recruit
by: Info Mar 5, 2014 10:13:02 AM

So true-check on your particular house to learn their rules. With XO it's ALL about connections. One legacy won't cut it...

By: Info
#13  by: Helpful   

Great post for PMNs to know

By: Helpful
#14  by: Suggestion   

Go through rush and see how you feel then. :)

By: Suggestion
#15  by: Excellent   

Not trying to pass any judgement on your legacy but each house changes a bit each year with people graduating and new PC members. If course, each school chapter is different. Your legacy will get you invited back for a second round and then houses differ. Bottom line is go where you fit best legacy or not. Good luck and be open to experiencing every house.

By: Excellent
#16  by: TXCU   

This post has a lot of good information on here. Every group is a little different so check with the local chapter. Even if you have a legacy you still need to see how you feel in the current house because that is what will matter to you in the end.

By: TXCU
#17  by: True   

Lots of honest information here.

By: True
#18  by: Frog   

Every chapter is a little different you can always check with the local chapter for more information but usually the first round is where these matter most. Except for Chi O and Tri Delt where alumni choose their group before things start. Lots of other great choices besides these anyway.

By: Frog
#19  by: Advice   

Legacy is only a extra cutch it doesn't guarantee anything. Some chapter could fill their entire PC with legacies if that was all it took. Plus you got to meet the girls. Houses change from school to school and even year to year.

By: Advice
#20  by: PNM?   

A legacy is a nice step up with such strong competition but it is not a promise to a bid. In house legacy is close to a sure thing but that's it.

By: PNM?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.