facebook

importance of legacy

by: PNM

Hi everyone! I was just wondering how much importance each sorority places on legacies at TCU? My grandmother was in a specific house (I won't name names) and I was wondering if that actually helps? Furthermore, am I even a legacy if it was only my grandmother who was a member of this sorority? I know its different for each chapter... any insight into which chapters consider a granddaughter a legacy?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Tcu    

It really depends on the house. Legacies have to be invited back to at least the second round but that's all. Home houses put a lot of stock in legacies, others not so much. Be open to all the houses during rush because you want to end up in a house where you are wanted and click.

By: Tcu
by: HopFeb 14, 2014 6:32:38 PM

Well stated

By: Hop
#2  by: Helpful   

Legacies are certainly helpful but they are not a guarantee. You will be invited back for the second round because of your legacy. Other than that it is totally up to the chapter and the girls you are rushing with.

By: Helpful
#3  by: active   

^good advice, you'll have to rely on yourself past the 1st round.

By: active
#4  by: Advise   

Very true post. Legacies can only so much.

By: Advise
#5  by: help   

I know that some houses consider granddaughters legacies while other do not. For example Chi O and DDD don't consider them legacies while DG does. Check with the national guidelines. If anyone has info on houses to add that consider granddaughters legacies that would be great!

By: help
by: YesJan 5, 2014 3:39:47 PM

Outstanding place to start

By: Yes
by: RushdieMar 1, 2014 7:42:42 PM

Check with you alumni chapter to confirm what the rules are for your group because they do vary

By: Rushdie
#6  by: TCU Rush   

The above post is very helpful. Every house is different so do your research. Also, don't depend on a legacy because it isn't enough. Recruitment is very, very competitive at TCU. Last year there more girls that rushed than in the schools history. It's so hard to get in to TCU everyone has great grades and were leaders in high school. They all have money and TCU has been voted one of the most beautiful people campus' by News Week. So, legacy or not be your best at every house and know whatever houses invite you back should be treated with respect. They all have options and they chose you. That is worth a lot.

By: TCU Rush
by: Fact Feb 25, 2014 10:55:12 PM

What you need to know to be prepared

By: Fact
by: SassyMar 31, 2014 12:59:10 AM

A clear answer to a question a lot of girls have.

By: Sassy
#7  by: ?   

Some houses place much more emphasis on a first generation than others. Those houses really limit themselves and aren't necessarily the strongest ones anyway. Like the post above says do some research and if you don't end in the house your grandmother was in just know it was for a reason. You will end up in the house that wants you for you.

By: ?
by: LegsJan 6, 2014 10:10:50 AM

Good answer

By: Legs
by: YesMar 3, 2014 6:56:46 PM

Check with your legacy house because they are all different,

By: Yes
by: Recruit Apr 6, 2014 11:34:13 PM

If your grandmother doesn't know if she would count as a legacy for her house you can contact your local alumni association or the TCU one and they can help you get the facts. A legacy is helpful but not a promise.

By: Recruit
by: 2014Apr 17, 2014 10:11:17 AM

Accurate answer for PNM

By: 2014
#8  by: Advice   

Legacies won't help you past round one. Go with a house that fits you. If it ends up being your grandmother's, great, but if not, your daughter has something different to look forward to as well. :)

By: Advice
by: Frog14Mar 24, 2014 1:36:04 PM

Great comment. Make your own path. If its your moms house great but things always change so maybe it will be somewhere different. Stay open minded.

By: Frog14
#9  by: True   

Lots of helpful advise on these posts. Houses change from year to year and from school to school. A legacy is great but only if the house is the right fit for you. Keep an open mind for every house and you will end up in the right place legacy or not.

By: True
by: CoolieJan 5, 2014 12:39:21 AM

Very honest advise if you don't click with the girls a legacy needs to stay in the past

By: Coolie
#10  by: legacy   

Pi Phi considers you a legacy if your grandmother, mother or sister was one.

By: legacy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.