facebook

legacy

by: Frogs101

hi everyone! so i'm from out of state, west coast to be specific, and i am a legacy to Tri Delt. i feel like i would fit in well there, but do those girls ever take in girls from out of state? do i have a chance?

Posted By: Frogs101
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: giosn   

word of the wise.... don't go into rush having a sorority picked out that you want to pledge.

By: giosn
#2  by: legacy   

If you are a nice, fun girl there is no reason you wouldn't have a chance. Tri Delt has plenty of girls from out of state. If you want your legacy ,that's fine but you should still come into rush with an open mind.

By: legacy
#3  by: blackcat   

let me guess. cali. don't y'all have schools in your own state you can go to?

you'll be a DG. DDD is the only sorority I knew that actually cut a legacy.

By: blackcat
by: ok?May 27, 2013 10:24:24 PM

someone jealous of cali girls?

By: ok?
#4  by: oopsie    

DDD only takes Highland Park. They are cliquey snobby mean girls who only talk to each other and their david yurman.

By: oopsie
#5  by: 3D   

It would be rare for the TCU DDD's to bid someone who is not from certain Texas zip codes. This chapter just isn't like other schools. You honestly will be happier if you go into rush being open to all houses. The Tri-Delts here are known for being mean and to themselves. DG, Gamma Phi, Theta, SK have more out of state girls. Tri-Delt, Chi-O, Kappa, Pi Phi are mainly Texas girls. You want a house that wants you!

By: 3D
by: hiMay 27, 2013 1:17:07 AM

3d is obviously a DG gamma phi theta or SK. im not a tridelt and tridelts arent known for being mean and to themselves. every sorority has a lot of out of state girls and anyone has a chance at anyone. the school as a whole has a lot of girls from texas but they dont all go tridelt. people from california have the same chance as someone in texas. it depends on how well you fit in not what state you are from.

also dont go into rush with one sorority in mind. i went in knowing absolutely nothing and everything turned out perfectly but the people who picked out what they wanted mostly ended up disappointed in some way

By: hi
by: @hiMay 28, 2013 1:13:08 PM

TriDelt is 100% known for being to themselves and, maybe not mean, but stuck-up/rude. The stuck-up/rude isn't all of them, but the majority. Particularly the outcasted ones (not from memorial, hp, etc) who should've listened more to the "Tri-Delt or DROP"

By: @hi
#6  by: clover   

I actually almost decided to go to TCU and have several friends in the DDD house there. They have a large population of out of state girls and are all some of the most genuine, down to earth girls I know. I think because they are such a strong chapter - involved on campus, good grades, friendships taken very seriously with DDD's and all sororities, well rounded - they tend to have people comment on them that truly do not know them.

Good advice to go in with an open mind, but take negative comments lightly. If someone is negative about another sorority, chances are their comments may not be genuine.

By: clover
#7  by: ^   

^^^spoken by a true ddd herself

By: ^
#8  by: Txgirl   

You will be best served by keeping an open mind about all houses. Everyone is prejudice for their. That being said, DDD is one of the most closed groups on campus and yes your Texas zip code does matter. You will end up where you are happy if you don't count out any house legacy or not. Good luck!

By: Txgirl
#9  by: Gifting   

Im sure your DDD legacy means a lot to you. DDD at TCU has a rep for being mean, uninvolved and closed. You will be happier if you give every house an equal chance. Every year houses change with the new mix inside but DDD is not viewed by most as a desirable house because of their attitude. Maybe it will get better next year or maybe you will create a new legacy all your own.

By: Gifting
#10  by: GreekFrog   

Go through rush and see what fits you best. I was a three-time ADPi legacy and ended up in a different house. Their rank had absolutely no bearing on my choice, because I preffed them second. You just never know!!

By: GreekFrog

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.