facebook

real talk: joining greek life makes you have no life

by: truth

My advice to any freshmen or sophomores wanting to rush is to not. You are getting yourself into such a big time commitment that simply isn't worth it. Spend that time on something that is actually worthwhile that will better your life. It may appear that greek life does this but that is not the case. Don't waste your time and money.

Posted By: truth
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: uh no   

you get what you put in, which is life! my sorority adviser helped me secure a paid internship in a very competitive field...there are many opportunities that are above and beyond simply social

By: uh no
#2  by: It's what you make it   

Sorry that you hold such negative feelings for greek life! I'm in 2 greek orgs and both have opened my eyes to a lot of poorly publicized clubs that I've come to love, gave me healthier friendships than the ones I had before going greek, and sparked a passion for service that I never realized I had (ie. working in shelters, samaritan centers, and holding babies in the NICU). Again, so sorry that going greek didn't work out for you (it's not for everyone and that's perfectly okay), but understand that in any greek organization, you get what you put into it and that a lot of people (like me) do come out better for having been them. Should greek life be the only things you're involved in? Of course not! It is, however, a great starting spot for getting involved on the rest of campus.

By: It's what you make it
by: ^^^Nov 11, 2019 8:19:36 PM

Nailed it!

By: ^^^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.