facebook

informal recruitment

by: Transfer Student

I'm a freshman transfer. I know there are a couple sororities having informal recruitment. Am I better off getting involved early and rushing informally or wait for fall and have a chance at every house. Am I less likely to get a bid as a sophomore?

Posted By: Transfer Student
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Holy cow   

Jesus this post is a broken record. If you want to join a sorority then rush a sorority. If they like you they like you

By: Holy cow
#2  by: Try   

You might as well try, go for Gamma Phi Beta or Alpha Chi Omega, if you like one if them and they like you, go for it and join. If it doesn't work out, try to do fall formal. There's most likely no harm in doing both and houses are not allowed to not bid just because you are a sophomore

By: Try
by: TryJan 13, 2015 8:22:57 PM

^^ just to clarify those are the two PHC (and involved in formal recruitment) houses that I know are doing informal, go for whichever house you like

By: Try
#3  by: yes   

Alpha Chi Omega, Gamma Phi Beta and Kappa Alpha Theta are all participating in informal recruitment. Go to events and see which one you like the best, and if you don't feel that you fit in to any of them, do fall formal. Being a sophomore should not be a big issue.

By: yes
#4  by: tru   

Only if you weigh more than 150lbs

By: tru

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.