facebook

advice

by: Facts

If you have a 3.2 GPA you should be fine – if you get cut with anything at or above that, it was probably for another reason.

Rush here isn’t as big as some schools, but many chapters have the same standards as those 300+ houses you hear about.

If you went to a school in the Minneapolis suburbs, you probably have an advantage, especially if you have friends in the house. If you have enemies… welp, don’t be mad if you don’t get asked back. If you are from out of state, yes you absolutely have a chance, unlike some other greek systems.

Look your best! Bleach your teeth, wax your brows, make sure your legs are perfectly shaved, get a spray tan, ditch the glasses for contacts, and make sure you wear full makeup everyday – base, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush! Girls come through and they look like they rolled out of bed or are too afraid to even try to look hot. This is college, not a junior high band concert… do your makeup as though you were going on a date, please impress us! Your clothes should be on trend, well accessorized and nice. I hate to say this, but try not to have mousey hair…. At minimum, it should be brushed and look like you went to some effort to do a blow out.
Girls get frustrated, mad and mean that they didn’t get asked back certain places, usually because they didn’t go to the effort of figuring out what the norm of their peers are.

Posted By: Facts
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: kk   

Or, you know, just be yourself. Let your personality speak rather than how voluminous your hair is.

By: kk
#2  by: kk   

Or, you know, just be yourself. Let your personality speak rather than how voluminous your hair is.

By: kk
#3  by: Yea   

Definitely let your personality shine, but don't look sloppy either, that goes for actives too.

By: Yea
#4  by: Gopher girl   

The looks rules apply for SOME houses but not all. You will get asked back to some but they might not be kappa aphi or pi phi and even those make a few exceptions. Their is a house for everyone but the girls in those houses expect you to be put together and look 18 not 12

By: Gopher girl
#5  by: Yeaa   

The only houses that may not care if you dont look put together are theta and AGD. And naybe AXO or XO. The rest care, a LOT

By: Yeaa
#6  by: gopher   

All houses care about how put together you are, axo theta agd, all of them. Houses want to see that you are putting an effort into how you look. If you become a member of a chapter, you become a representation of that chapter. Each chapter wants to be well represented. Don't show up looking like you just rolled out of bed, especially now that we are getting to the later rounds of recruitment. Put some effort in, show that you care.

By: gopher
#7  by: PPP   

If you think that a house isn't considering your appearance the you are smoking crack. ALL of them care some more than others but everyone wants sisters who care and want to look their best. Maybe some more than others. It isn't always about how pretty hard but did you try

By: PPP
#8  by: kam   

What a sad commentary that so much emphasis is placed on how you look and not on what type of character you have and what you can bring to the house by becoming a member, and you wonder why sororities get stereotyped. My daughter is 16 and is starting to think about college and I am embarrassed by what I just read and would not want her to be affiliated with these groups. How times have changed.. I was President of my sorority and we were concerned with how each individual could grow as women and leaders and how they could use and develop their talents to better themselves and their community, not what their make up and hair looked like. Grow up!

By: kam
by: CharliePiDec 18, 2014 6:04:17 AM

Parents should NOT USE THE INTERNET!!!!

By: CharliePi
#9  by: sorority   

Regarding the GPA thing.. I know my house cuts anyone lower than a 3.5 from high school.. So no, you aren't fine with a 3.2 or above. Unless you are extremely perfect in all other ways we usually make an exception.

By: sorority
#10  by: 3.2   

How do you even get into the University of Minnesota with under a 3.2.

By: 3.2

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.