facebook

recruitment

by: Freshman

I'm coming to the U as a freshman this Fall and am wondering what each of the houses are like? What would you say the rankings for the sororities were from last year, what are the stereotypes and which of them are true/not true? lol

Posted By: Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: gophers   

PLEASE do not go through recruitment judging houses based on the opinions of others / this website. It is so toxic and almost all of the stuff posted on this page is BS. Go into recruitment with an open mind and pick a house based on where you feel most at home, not by if they're a "top" house or not. You will be so much happier in the long run.

By: gophers
by: hiApr 9, 2014 6:46:36 PM

Definitely disagree with the pi phi comment and I don't agree with the negative critique on Kappa, love them!

By: hi
#2  by: Advice   

I think it's really important to remember that whichever house you choose has to like you for the real you. What's the point of joining if you're being fake? Then, even if you do get a bid from a house you faked for, you'll be with a group of girls you can't relate to, and you'll be miserable. So even if the chapter you like the most isn't "top tier," go for it anyways. Good luck! (:

By: Advice
#3  by: lol   

these rankings are definitely not right- DG and Pi Phi should be above AOII and gphi should be above AXO, in my opinion. could also argue to switch KKG and Aphi but that's depending on who you ask.

regardless, you shouldn't care. you won't be happy if you choose a house based only on rankings and honestly I don't think any house wants a girl who only chose them because of reputations. figure it out for yourself during rush. that's how to find out where you will be HAPPIEST, not most prestigious.

By: lol
#4  by: Advice   

Don't listen to anyone about house stereotypes. Go into recruitment with an open mind. Every house on campus is growing and getting better every year. As long as you don't end up in theta.

By: Advice
#5  by: Not always right   

Reading "rankings" before you arrive is not going to help you... While the greek system a the U might not be as big as Indiana, it is very strong, and growing very rapidly. Because the physical houses are smaller, few houses require members to live in more than 1 year, therefore members tend to stick with it until they graduate.... More so than some campuses. Rarely do you get asked at the U of M "are you in a house?" And then have people judge you based on your response, it is more like... "Are you in a sorority?" If there are people judging you on your specific letters, it is a very, very small group of small-minded people who haven't left high school.

By: Not always right
#6  by: GreekGopher   

I agree with "Not Always Right." Greek life on campus is growing and getting stronger every year. It just keeps getting better. Go into recruitment with an open mind. All the houses are great and have something to offer.

By: GreekGopher
#7  by: Been there done that   

Haha this is really funny. I wouldn't say it is wrong, but I wouldn't listen to it either.

Pick a house based on it's values rather than it's girls. Houses change dramatically from pledge class to pledge class. The description above would not be the same for my house when I first joined a few years ago. Just something to keep in mind sweet little freshman.

By: Been there done that

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.