facebook

what are my chances of getting a bid as a junior?

by: bee

Do chapters here ever bid juniors? I'm going to be a transfer here and I really want to be Greek but I feel like I have a bad chance competing with younger girls.

Posted By: bee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: alphaalpha   

Some chapters do, and it has definitely happened before. It helps if you know someone in the house, but it is totally worth it at least to give it a shot! You would probably have a higher chance of getting in with Chi Omega or with Phi Mu if they are coming in the fall.

By: alphaalpha
#2  by: MNsosororityty   

I joined as a junior and other girls have too, though it's less common. I would definitely recommend going through Fall recruitment if Greek life is something that really interests you. Some houses are probably more likely to take Juniors than others, but honestly being offered a bid to a chapter depends on a lot of other things too, so I wouldn't let your year in school hold you back.

By: MNsosororityty
#3  by: MNsosororityty   

Plus, if you transferred from a school where there weren't fraternities or sororities, it eliminates the question of why you didn't go through recruitment as a first or second year :-)

#4  by: MNsosororityty   

Plus, if you transferred from a school where there weren't fraternities or sororities, it eliminates the question of why you didn't go through recruitment as a first or second year :-)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.