facebook

Crime in Dinkytown

by: Freshman

I'm an incoming freshman and considering going through Recruitment in the fall but I'm not sure. I think I want to be a part of a house but I'd also like the option to live in my house after freshman year. All the violence on and near campus this summer has been on frat row and in the neighborhoods where all the sororities are located. Just saw a Tiktok of a Gopher hockey player that had her apartment in that area shot up. Not sure if I would want to live in that area or walk home from parties in that area. If I don't live in the house or party on the row, Greek membership seems pointless. If you are living in your house or go to frat parties (sorority or frat), is it safe?

Posted By: Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: !!!   

No area of this campus is safe anymore, its not just the area Greek houses are in. You will not be able to avoid crime by avoiding the Greek system and the city blocks they are locate on. If that is the only thing holding you back, I would definitely go through recruitment to try it out. You will meet a ton of people as a freshman in a frat or sorority which is huge for an out of state student because a lot of students from Twin City high schools go here with their friends and aren't looking to meet new friends. My whole dorm floor was full of people that knew each other. I was glad to have my sorority.

By: !!!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.