facebook

new fraternities are coming to umn.

by: GEENA

I heard through the "Greek Grapevine" that the IFC will be adding 4 more fraternities to the list in 2013. The 4 fraternities that will be colonizing are....

Alpha Sigma Phi
Theta Chi
Zeta Beta Tau
Zeta Psi

Can anyone confirm if this is correct???

Posted By: GEENA
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: frat   

False-

Just Theta Chi will be here next year along with one additional sorority(which one will be determined in february)

By: frat
#2  by: LILY-PHI   

You better check your facts again. There is an article out on the internet from the MNdaily that states the above 4 fraternities will be colonizing in 2013 & 2014.

By: LILY-PHI
#3  by: To:Lily-Phi   

According to the head of sorority and fraternity life Matt Levine, as of Monday, December 10th they only have enough room and can only fund 1 sorority along with one fraternity. So maybe you should check your sources before calling anyone else out. I have a feeling that Matt Levine would know better then anyone else.

By: To:Lily-Phi
#4  by: LILY-PHI   

Greek Life @ UMN funds a Fraternity & Sorority to colonize on campus???? I never heard that before and my husband works as a director of Greek Life at a large SEC school. Usually this is the case with small, private schools with limited resources. UMN is a large university in the "Big Ten" conference and if I'm not misstaken, The Greek life @ UMN added over 700 new members to their growing Greek Community this past Fall. That is a nice size increase.

By: LILY-PHI
#5  by: Good News   

I just found out that Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity will be re-colonizing this Fall after been gone for almost 80 years. This is great that the IFC will be adding a another fraternity to the growing Greek Community.

By: Good News
#6  by: Uhh   

This is dumb to add more frats. Greek life is bad anyway, its stupid to try and dilute the brand.

By: Uhh
#7  by: The Greek   

This is the second new fraternity for 2013. Last semester Theta Chi recolonized. The NPC also added 2 new sororities to their list as well. The plan is to grow the Greek Community by a 1000 new members, both IFC and NPC. 2 more fraternities (ZBT & Zeta Psi)are scheduled to join the IFC within the next 2 to 3 years.

By: The Greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.