facebook

what did alpha phi actually do?

by: curious

What did Alpha Phi actually do? I can't find any specific examples, just vague hate and people saying that they treated Ole Miss sororities bad, but I'm a sorority member here and I'm just really confused, I've never had an issue with them before and they seemed really nice.

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: 123   

How do we know it's alpha phi members saying that and not just members here at OM posing as alpha Phi's? I must admit I'm suspicious. And, I know lots of girls with high gpa's and involvement that got cut from my sorority and others who weren't as pretty as girls who were not cut and had lower gpa's and involvement. They were still in an acceptable range but still not near as high or as involved. We all do it!

By: 123
by: ExactlyOct 11, 2015 12:55:11 PM

The really bad comments came out at the beginning of Alpha Phi's Rush so you know these people had an agenda.

By: Exactly
#2  by: Outlier?   

Ole Miss is in the enviable position where all groups can be very selective about who they ask to join their houses. Over all, I have never seen a campus with so many attractive, well dressed students who at least on the outside, give the impression they are winners. IMO, some of these posts are clearly trawls looking for a negative response. I also don't think they are from APhis? I don't know girls in every house, but the ones I have met appear to be wonderful, intelligent women who wear their letters well and with pride. I had previously never considered that some of the particularly inflammatory posts might be people with an official connection with GR with an agenda? If this is true, this is not just free hate speech shielded by the perceived shadow of the internet, but is slander and libel promoted by and sanctioned by GR. Don't allow yourselves to be manipulated by people you don't even know with murky agendas. Be the strong, intelligent college women you know you can be. Keep an open mind and try meeting and socializing with some of theses girls and yes, girls from houses that have been labeled lower tiered. These harsh attacks also weakens the entire Greek system, not just the house/houses you are attacking. Ole Miss does need more houses. It will be difficult to attract more groups if you continuously attack groups based on gossip, hearsay and mob mentality!

By: Outlier?
#3  by: #   

Does Alpha Phi have a pledge class yet? How long will their interview process go on?

By: #
by: Outlier?Oct 11, 2015 4:31:38 PM

According to FaceBook, invitations went out late yesterday and today is Preference.

By: Outlier?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.