facebook

alpha phi cuts

by: Question

So why did Alpha Phi not invite girls back today? I really thought I connected with them in my interview. Was it for grades?

Posted By: Question
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Not a hater   

So much hate on this site. And most of it is based on information that is so made up. Ole Miss is growing so much! People from all over want to come here. That means tons of students that may want the chance to join a sorority or fraternity. The addition of new sororities will only help everyone in the long run. The bids have not even gone out for Alpha Phi. Give them a chance. Theta may not have met their quota, but they deserve a second chance too. Many girls may have dropped out or didn't even go through for whatever reason. Many girls just want to be a part of something and being in a top tier isn't priority. And it only gets you so far. So don't be a hater! Haters hate because of their own unhappiness.

By: Not a hater
#12  by: Reality   

So Alpha Phi is following a strategy of selecting new members based on appearance and is valuing appearance far more than grades and other factors. Some of you girls may hate it, but if they are a sorority filled with nothing but attractive girls a lot of guys are going to be interested. And if a lot of guys are interested in the sorority then more girls will be as well. Once a sorority gets the reputation of being filled with unattractive or overweight girls it is just the kiss of death.

There is a chance that Alpha Phi will shoot up to lower mid tier pretty quickly, and I think that has a lot of people worried. Everybody needs to pick their own members and let Alpha Phi pick theirs.

By: Reality
by: @realityOct 9, 2015 10:22:40 AM

having a sorority full of girls only chosen for looks is bound to have an awful sisterhood. i hope most pnms coming through have enough sense to choose a sorority not for the way they look, or the way guys see them, but for the values the house promotes, the philanthropy they support, and the strength of their sisterhood

By: @reality
by: YESOct 9, 2015 12:22:11 PM

This. I don't go here (and I'm willing to admit that) but my little sister is a senior in high school and is looking at Ole Miss for next year so since I'm a member of a sorority at my school I thought I would come on here and check out your Greek life. One, this is crazy. Two, this is so true about Alpha Phi.

I come from a smaller, more research and academically focused school in the Midwest, but after Alpha Phi had a bad recruitment year they had national reps come in who retaught them how to rush. Sure, now they're a top tier chapter on our campus, but girls only join them because they're "hot" and "cool" and they'll get access to guys and so they can tell people that they're in Alpha Phi. Their sisterhood is terrible and fragmented and they have such awful risky behavior now. I thought this was just relegated to my campus but it looks like it might be their whole nationals recruiting strategy :/

By: YES
by: Name errorOct 9, 2015 12:33:58 PM

I posted as Reality above. Somebody had already used that Nickname. I didn't mean to cause confusion.
Also, I really don't think Alpha Phi is recruiting on appearance and nothing else. They are just using it as a first filter. They are perhaps being more honest than other groups about what they are doing, because most sororities factor appearance in very heavily. Those that don't end up lower tier.

By: Name error
by: TinsleyOct 9, 2015 1:03:39 PM

As much as some people will hate to admit it, what reality is saying is true... It definitely may prove to be make them move up in the ranks sooner than average (we'll) and they are DEFINITELY just being more open about rushing on looks than other sororities. We all do it. As for climbing up they've been known to do it pretty fast for that reason exactly... Like yes said when they were taught how to re-rush they quickly became top tier by choosing pretty girls. Alpha Phi is #1 in looks and popularity for 2015 in GR, those things go hand in hand whether people like it or not... Also @@reality I'm apart of the pretty girl sorority, we judge on looks pretty hard and we still have an amazing sisterhood. Pretty girls stick together even in friendships, people just get along better with people in their league. We have an absolute blast together and most of them have my back, judging on looks really has only effected my chapter in good ways.

By: Tinsley
by: @ha!Oct 9, 2015 5:42:30 PM

I don't go to OM lol your Greek life is awesome, even your bottom tiers are pretty damn good

By: @ha!
by: @tinsleyOct 9, 2015 6:14:45 PM

oh sorry haha thanks for the compliment tho

By: @tinsley
#13  by: Alpha Phine   

^ Keep dreamin

By: Alpha Phine
by: LmaoOct 9, 2015 1:28:10 PM

Now that's gotta be the most embarrassing thing I've seen from Alpha Phi. Their Nationals Sent someone to reprimand a troll on here? Lmaoo that's pretty bad that you believe your own sister would try and make you look that bad. This I think is worse than anything I've seen anyone write about Alpha Phi.

By: Lmao
by: Alpha PhineOct 9, 2015 1:42:39 PM

LOL you really think your own sister would post those kinds of things about you?!

by: Alpha PhineOct 9, 2015 2:11:10 PM

She doesn't know who I am, she called me a sister. I hope no one who used this tag is a sister, I would really hope no one else would get in trouble :\

by: Alpha PhineOct 9, 2015 2:34:00 PM

I'm being 100% honest when I say there's been a bunch of posts with this name that weren't me, I don't talk crap on other sororities

by: HmmOct 9, 2015 2:42:19 PM

Well I think they probably have approached her directly, and she just won't stop (she even responded to this), so maybe Nationals thought if they posted on here that it would send a message that 1) they are serious and will terminate her membership if she doesn't stop and 2) they want to make it clear that APhi as a whole doesn't agree with or endorse the awful comments that she's made here. It seems like a "we're going to call you out publicly as well because we don't want people at OM to think that we're all really like this" kind of message.

By: Hmm
by: @curiousOct 9, 2015 5:37:34 PM

I'm not an Alpha Phi dummie

By: @curious
#14  by: This is more trolling by    

the site admins. They must be laughing their asses off while they create scenarios on threads to generate controversy and traffic. I wonder how many of the posters are "real" people and not connected to the operation of this site.

Alpha Phi International posting on this site to message some unknown member? Not in a hundred years.

This site is a zoo. I think very little is real here.

Best wishes to Alpha Phi for their colonization and best wishes to all of the Greek organizations at Ole Miss.

By: This is more trolling by
by: Outlier?Oct 9, 2015 6:26:18 PM

Full disclosure. I am an old lady who started following this because my daughter's best friend went though rush and I am excited about the new chapter. I am also an Alpha Phi. Maybe my chapter is an exception but my Big graduated in toxicology and my Little was a cytology/electron microscopy major. I was in microbiology. My Big introduced me to some of the profs and I worked while in school in the toxicology lab. I think we had one truly physically beautiful girl in my chapter who is an EE grad with dark hair and amazing big brown eyes. She is also an intelligent and gentle soul. In the day, most of us were our appropriate weight, didn't wear a lot of makeup, but did try to look nice for class and when we wore our letters. I have sisters who are now partners in their law firms, petroleum engineers, CPAs, and computer engineers. We studied hard, and yes, when we cut loose, we could have fun too. I did not go to school in Texas but live here now. Our alumni chapter is large and extremely active. Our scholarship activity is very involved. Our sisterhood is amazing and I still keep in touch with many of my sisters. I loved being an Alpha Phi in college and am still proud to call myself an Alpha Phi. This post is from a real person and I do not work for National. I am excited about the new chapter at Ole Miss and recommend you get to know the girls before tarring the entire chapter and Alpha Phi.

By: Outlier?
by: yep!Oct 9, 2015 10:32:00 PM

Check out the APhis at Cornell.....gorgeous and smart....top house at Cornell. At Texas...been there for 100 years...historic with the 3rd highest GPA....aaaaand gorgeous....aaaaand mixing with the prestigious groups like Texas Cowboys and Silver Spurs. So, it is grades, looks and poise. Sounds like the are being picky here at Ole Miss; that is a good strategy. Picky always vaults a group into the top tier. Their strong nationals knows what they are doing. Looks like they will be a boom! at Ole Miss.

By: yep!
by: UhOct 10, 2015 12:03:50 AM

Alpha Phi has been at the bottom at Univ of Texas for those 100 years. They have closed or never existed at the other important Greek schools in Texas too and they are in the bottom at the few unimportant schools they're at. Alpha Phi is nothing in Texas. I wouldn't be using them as a good example if I were you.

By: Uh
by: @UhOct 10, 2015 7:51:16 AM

For your info Alpha Phi is ranked in the mid-range at UT - not the "bottom".

Alpha Phi is a great top national and all the haters on this site can't change that.

In fact, all you haters are driving conversations about Alpha Phi. People are checking out all the facebook pages, their massive charity work, etc. You are actually helping Alpha Phi - which is probably not your intent.

Hilarious!

By: @Uh
by: ^Not the truthOct 11, 2015 12:04:11 PM

No they aren't. They moved a bit up in the bottom tier but continue to be in the bottom just like they've always been. Only reason they moved up a little was their nationals came down and made them start recruiting hot girls who had reputation issues. So they get better looking members but have no respect.

They're a disaster in the state of Texas.

By: ^Not the truth
by: ^^Oct 11, 2015 1:35:22 PM

Just another hater. Apparently you have an agenda. People can access all of the Greek groups on facebook and other social media and make up their own minds. You claiming a particular group is a "disaster" for an entire state does not make it so.

By: ^^
by: TexanOct 11, 2015 2:07:54 PM

But she's right. Alph Phi is weak sauce in Texas. Anyone who says differently has never been to Texas.

By: Texan
#15  by: to: Outlier?   

Please, please do not take ANYTHING on this stupid site to heart. It is no more than a lot of bs spewed by people who hide behind the anonymity of the internet. I sincerely doubt that a lot of the nasty comments are even being posted by UM girls. Ignore this hateful thread.

Ole Miss Alumna

By: to: Outlier?
#16  by: Sooo   

Obviously APhi isn't going to be successful here. Is there a way for them to cancel their colonization before they embarrass themselves more than they already have?

By: Sooo
by: Outlier?Oct 9, 2015 10:32:01 PM

Sigh.

By: Outlier?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.