facebook

alpha phi cuts

by: Question

So why did Alpha Phi not invite girls back today? I really thought I connected with them in my interview. Was it for grades?

Posted By: Question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: anon   

what's your GPA?

By: anon
#2  by: not for grades   

it wasn't for grades because I have a 3.6 with lots of outreach and didnt get invited back. I'm also not pretty at all and I hope that didn't have anything to do with it but I don't know...

By: not for grades
by: HonestlyOct 9, 2015 8:21:29 AM

It was probably for "presentation" aka looks because APhi seems to be notorious for cutting girls based on looks

But why would you want to be part of a sisterhood like that? If it was for looks you're better off without them

By: Honestly
#3  by: ,   

Did you submit a rec letter for them? You still need one for Alpha Phi!

By: ,
by: sameOct 8, 2015 12:23:46 PM

i did all of that and i have a 4.0 with community service and 2 rec letters and everything and i got cut too, you arent alone

By: same
by: sameOct 8, 2015 12:28:41 PM

they're not interested in that sadly, they just want the girls who are pretty and will make them look like a top tier

#4  by: Don't be fooled   

I think most of these comments and likely the original post are straight up fake and just intended to stir the sh~~.

By: Don't be fooled
by: not for grades Oct 8, 2015 12:40:06 PM

I can assure you my isn't. I actually got cut from there.

By: not for grades
by: sameOct 8, 2015 12:56:11 PM

mine was real too, i got the email about not being invited back at 1:30 this morning

#5  by: Wow   

It sounds like they may have a sorority of about 6 girls.

By: Wow
#6  by: Theta Alum   

I am a Theta alum from another chapter. I am really disturbed by all the negativity surrounding the Ole Miss Theta Chapter. I loved my Theta chapter and we had great sisterhood, so I am saddened by these comments. You girls who did not get an invite back to Alpha Phi, and have a good GPA and other activities, please consider Theta. It is a strong National Fraternity that is top tier in many, many colleges. We like girls who are smart and involved! Ignore nasty comments on GR and try to find your home there. There are great girls in every sorority, including Theta!

By: Theta Alum
by: Agree with Theta AlumOct 8, 2015 1:43:01 PM

To everyone who got cut from APhi, please consider Theta! They may be the "bottom" group, but at least they recruit based on grades, involvement, recs, personality etc. Theta is a great group, and they will be ahead of APhi. I think most girls would be much happier and have more pride in wearing Theta's letters rather than APhis. Just saying.

By: Agree with Theta Alum
by: fLIPOct 8, 2015 2:15:03 PM

I second this! Theta is so respected nationally. So many famous, outstanding alumnae. Classy, smart, high standards!

By: fLIP
by: thetaOct 8, 2015 4:18:43 PM

does theta do spring Rush? I didn't go through formal recruitment and did alpha phi but I got dropped from there. thanks!

By: theta
by: to @thetaOct 8, 2015 4:35:07 PM

I'm sure their website has someone's contact info to email. Or find a Theta and ask her? I think they can COB this semester.

By: to @theta
by: A chi o agreeingOct 8, 2015 9:43:48 PM

Thank you for sticking up for the Thetas....they are amazing nationally and at Ole Miss....my daughter pledged at Ole Miss and her sisters are wonderful. My mother was a Theta as well as all my aunts....Theta is one of the classic refined sororities in the Greek community...Be opened minded and realize there are a variety of wonderful young woman in each house. As a Chi Omega, I salute all the other sororities and believe there are enough great girls to fill each house...please ignore the rumor mill and open your eyes...know a good opportunity when you see it... Btw, I never heard of Alpha Phi until a month ago....if they cut you, move on, please.

By: A chi o agreeing
by: I thinkOct 9, 2015 8:25:02 AM

I think Theta's COB starts Oct 19th...that's what I heard but I'm not sure

By: I think
by: Love itOct 9, 2015 11:05:29 AM

I love seeing all these positive comments about Theta. They are recognized nationally as one of the best and I hate hearing (reading) all the negative comments about Ole Miss Theta. They have recruited a great group of girls this year (and last).

By: Love it
by: Stop itOct 9, 2015 12:35:01 PM

You realize it's not Theta vs Aphi? There's no reason to be putting them against each other, they're both going to be rushing very different groups of girls, they really aren't even each other's competition. And then we got this old lady over here trying to discredit alpha phi what a headache sorority moms can be

By: Stop it
by: To Theta COBOct 9, 2015 1:03:03 PM

Just ask a Theta, all the ones I've met so far have been super nice. I'm sure if you need information about COB they'd be happy to help. Although COB does not mean an automatic bid, it would be worth it to try for a COB for any of the houses on campus if you're interested.

By: To Theta COB
#7  by: Again   

Why the heck did ole miss invite such a heinous chapter to colonize here?

Aphi is going to bring our entire Greek system down! Look at all the drama they caused on this site during and immediately after rush!

By: Again
by: to @thetaOct 8, 2015 6:17:18 PM

yes we are doing C.O.B this fall starting the 19th and also in the spring

By: to @theta
by: theta cob Oct 8, 2015 6:32:11 PM

how do we go about those if we don't know any active theta's? I don't have time this semester but would love to go theta in the spring or go through their process. I know people on my floor who went theta but not any actual actives.

By: theta cob
by: ummOct 9, 2015 8:27:16 AM

no offense but please use common sense...if you know people on your floor who went Theta, why don't you talk to them and have them connect you with some actives? They might not be actives, but they should know actives and if they like you they should help you connect with some.

By: umm
#8  by: seems right    

alpha phi has also been messaging girls who dropped on Facebook and emailing them to come to their recruitment. I found this out when I went to their first event Tuesday night after talking with lots of people. and all who had been messaged were drop dead gorgeous, nice as can be though!

By: seems right
by: IOct 8, 2015 5:12:51 PM

Well it would make sense for them to contact Pmn that went through rush and didn't find/ take / accept a bid to interview them.

I hope all (established and new) chapters at ole miss support each other, no matter the letter.

By: I
by: HaOct 8, 2015 6:10:26 PM

They are to the point where they're kind of begging for everyone's sloppy seconds now. They cut some real decent girls in their quest for looks above everything else. Deserve what they get actually.

By: Ha
by: @HaOct 8, 2015 9:18:15 PM

You literally have no idea what you're talking about, so ignorant

By: @Ha
by: LolOct 9, 2015 8:28:15 AM

I'm really wondering what those messages said...like how they were worded.

By: Lol
by: ^Oct 9, 2015 10:12:07 AM

Obviously Alpha Phi is embarrassed that people know about this. More evidence their colonization isn't going as planned.

By: ^
#9  by: Well…   

Let's be honest every house recruits on looks. But as a new chapter they should be recruiting girls that are going to care about the growth of their sorority and its success not just a place to party.

I think most people are upset about alpha phi because of the image they are supposedly putting forward and it will make the rest of Greek life look bad.

If they would have went about it another way and their alumni played by ole miss rules we would have been as exciting and welcoming as when ADPi came because alpha phi is such a well know sorority.

By: Well…
#10  by: question   

How did they get fraternities to have swaps with them already? They have like top tier fraternities too. They told us that in the interest meeting (not that they were top tier but they were listing who they were going to have swaps with)

By: question
by: ?Oct 8, 2015 6:44:41 PM

Well their rush team probably reached out to those frats and asked if they would be interested. It's not that complicated. They are just trying to show they have things planned like other established chapters have in their calendars.

By: ?
by: question Oct 8, 2015 7:01:14 PM

I wasn't judging I was actually just curious. thank you!

By: question
by: FratsOct 8, 2015 8:59:18 PM

Adpi swapped with top Frats their first year. It's just a way for the Greek system to support the newest sorority.

Heard aphi was paired with sigma chi and tri delt for the home coming float this year.

For now Panhellenic is working to help aphi. But not for much longer now that their true colors are coming out.

By: Frats
by: True Colors? Oct 8, 2015 9:29:38 PM

I seriously doubt most of these anti APhi posts are from ADPis...the posts saying that they were welcomed because they're a southern sorority and know the "rules" and were friendly and excited are true, not hating. I think a lot of the haters are from sororities that APhi slammed (top tier), some people say Theta (but I'm not sure about that either), but the vast majority seem to be people from other SEC schools who know the "truth" about APhi or angry alums from our chapters who don't want APhi to be here.

By: True Colors?
by: True Colors? Oct 8, 2015 9:30:52 PM

Oops sorry...I know what you mean now! I read it wrong at first! Sorry!!!

By: True Colors?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.