facebook

thetas bad rep?

by: PNM

Why does Theta have such a bad rep? Did they do something to cause girls not to like them as much as other sororities?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Just one opinion    

Theta is not very big in the south vs the west coast so they don't get that great of a pick of pnms here at ole miss. That being said they tend to get girls who like to party (as do ALL of the houses) but when they go out and act in a way that some would think is embarrassing they don't get into as much trouble with their standards board as some of the other houses. And that just sort of creates a trend of girls so they get a bad rep. That doesn't mean they are a bad house and don't have great girls.

It's just sort of once a house gets a certain reputation (accurate or not) it sticks and it doesn't really matter how well the house does they always have that image.

Btw I'm in a "bottom house" before everyone starts jumping down my throat for giving my two cents. My house also has a reputation that I don't feel is accurate at all but I guess that's how it goes.

By: Just one opinion
#2  by: ^ Yep   

Actually speaks the truth. Theta used to compete with Kappa and Pi Phi for the best OOS girls. Unfortunately, their grades slid downhill - something Theta national doesn't play around about - and they ended up at the bottom after ADPi and ZTA closed.

By: ^ Yep
by: Ancient RebelOct 5, 2015 4:45:29 PM

This goes back to the late 1980s, but I remember Theta being pretty good, at the very least on the lower end of mid-tier. They were kind of a success story in that the chapter wasn't very old at the time. Hate to see them have such a hard time. I think the lack of an established alumnae base hurt them over time.

By: Ancient Rebel
#3  by: Theta   

I think they are fine with grades now and have been for several years. I heard they had a great rush. They are a great sorority, just like every other sorority on campus.

By: Theta

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.