facebook

tier shermere

by: PNM

I'm an OOS PNM with little to none connections. Though I'm super excited to go through recruitment and find my home on campus. To other PNMs, don't shoot down any houses. Because I know I won't be getting a "top" house, I know that I will love and be loved in the house that I end up. It slowly breaks my heart when other girls talk badly about these "lower" houses, because I know that I could very well be running there on bid day. So please be mindful and smart with your words (:

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: ^^^   

Amen!

By: ^^^
#2  by: Listen   

We are sorry you didn't put in the work to get a bid to a top tier house. Don't undermine those who did.

Again, oos girls do great in rush. Only those who don't put in the work don't.

By: Listen
by: Really?Sep 11, 2015 11:44:14 AM

Wow! Trying to knock down other houses? A lot of oss don't want the "Mississippi" top tier. We come from states where they are "bottom" tier and when we're done with college we will have had the opportunity to have our live long sisters and connections.

By: Really?
by: OpSep 11, 2015 11:58:07 AM

I sent my recs in, I'm very involved, attractive and very social. But that comment makes me not want to rush. I can't believe that girls in "top" houses, continue to push their image among others. I feel like the tier system is only valid to them. Honestly, I would have nothing in common with girls who are from just Missisippi, and I would hate to have sisters who find self worth in bringing people down.

By: Op
by: @OPSep 11, 2015 5:29:03 PM

Please do not say that you wouldn't fit in a certain house because you believe you wouldn't fit with mississippi girls! Give every house a chance! Even Chi Omega has 50% of its members coming from OOS.

By: @OP
by: This^^^^Sep 12, 2015 1:15:19 AM

is soo NOT TRUE. Rush is a coin flip sometimes at Ole Miss. Who knows? Every house is great and filled with great young woman wanting to be greek. Not everyone aspires to be what you deem to be worth a lot of work.

By: This^^^^
#3  by: @Listen@OP   

@Listen are you stupid or heartless or both? The OP was stating that for whatever reason she may not be getting a top house. Because she has accepted that fact, she is asking posters to be mindful that girls is so called bottom houses have feelings too. She was not complaining about her situation but asking for compassion, which you so obviously lack. She never undermined anyone. You did that all by yourself! So I guess I answered my own question...you are both STUPID and HEARTLESS

@OP There are houses that have a large number of Mississippi girls but there are no "Mississippi Houses" . I appreciate your concerns but please do not let ONE comment sway your decision to go through rush. Rush can be a tough process and you will hear and feel many things that will question your decision about the process. Thicken your skin and get ready for a once and a lifetime experience!

By: @Listen@OP
by: AmenSep 11, 2015 2:15:33 PM

Amen and Amen! @OP despite what you read on here all houses are great and not everyone is stupid or a b--y...

By: Amen
#4  by: Sad   

It's sad when you resign yourself to mediocrity before rush even starts

By: Sad
by: @sadSep 11, 2015 3:38:18 PM

Must be tough to go through life being an idiot. Wait, I take that back I'm sure your unaware. In your case, ignorance is bliss

By: @sad
by: SadSep 11, 2015 3:40:55 PM

And what is your goal for life? Mid-level management? Or do you want to go to the top and be the best ?

by: @sadSep 11, 2015 3:43:33 PM

Oh good grief. You ARE an idiot.

by: @sadSep 11, 2015 5:30:28 PM

I agree with you. I too find it sad when girls come on here and say they they have already crossed off top tier houses because they don't think they will fit. In life it is natural to strive for the top. We all try to be the best we can be.

by: @@sadSep 12, 2015 7:28:32 PM

Why is what you define as "top" unequivocally the best?

Are we supposed to be the sheeple of GreekRank? No thank you.

Not everyone is looking for the same thing. I could care less how "hot" or "prestigious in Mississippi" my future house is...

I'm looking for something different as MY top

-Another OOS PNM

By: @@sad
by: ^^^Sep 12, 2015 8:35:40 PM

How do you know what you are looking for? You haven't even gone through rush yet!

So far in this thread top tier girls have been called idiots and stupid, bit ches, heartless, etc.

What I don't see is any top tier girls insulting bottom tier houses.

And you girls want to be sisters with the girls putting down others?

By: ^^^
by: @^^^Sep 12, 2015 9:31:50 PM

What? Are you blind??? Get your head out of your ass and read. You don't see on this thread where top tier is putting down bottom houses? Really? Damn your DUMB

By: @^^^
by: Again!Sep 12, 2015 10:15:42 PM

More name calling! Seriously? What did the top tier ever do to you?

By: Again!
by: @Again!Sep 13, 2015 9:57:18 AM

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims like a duck....

By: @Again!
by: OkaySep 13, 2015 12:40:06 PM

Yes it's true that some girls in top houses have been known to look down upon girls in lower houses for whatever reason, but I've never heard of them actively trying to take the bottom houses down and make them look bad the way the bottom houses do to them. If you have to make someone else feel bad to make yourself feel better then that's your own problem.

By: Okay
by: @^^^Sep 14, 2015 1:50:28 PM

I know what i'm looking for because I have thought about why I'm doing recruitment in the first place. There are certain qualities I expect to see expressed in the house that I end up in. Things like compassion, sisterhood, scholarship, philanthropy, etc etc etc. I've even thought about which of these values are most important to me and how I could figure out how much emphasis houses place on these values. Like I said, I'm not a sheep person...I have a brain and I use it.

100% being honest here: if none of the houses have those qualities, then I don't have to be part of Greek Life. If all of them have the qualities, then I will move on to other factors to make my decision.

It's up to me and I've actually thought about what I want from the Greek experience because I trust myself to know best. I don't want to just end up listening to what the popular choices are because those might not be the best choices for me.

I'm not trying to tear down any houses. I'm just saying that I'm planning to give everyone a fair chance.

I want to find a place that feels like a home away from home to me and that's not about "striving for top" (which really means from what I understand "who is the hottest/most prestigious?") because that's not what this is about for me. It's about what I'm looking for in terms of sisterhood and not some arbitrary ranking on a website. Sisterhood isn't about whether you were "top" tier or not.

-Another OOS PNM

By: @^^^
by: smhSep 14, 2015 6:34:47 PM

@ sad you will never be top level management anywhere. You'll discover that the people who rise to the top are the ones that help others out, extend a hand, and build others up. The ones who have to exert their leadership by relying upon their pecking order and bullying others are destined to stay in the ranks of lower management.

By: smh
#5  by: Not only.    

There is not one house on campus that has more than 50% of its members from Mississippi. Believe it or not, even lower tier sororities have Mississippi girls!

Top tier houses are not just Mississippi! They all have girls from all over the country!

By: Not only.
by: well...Sep 11, 2015 5:07:13 PM

I don't think your statement about not one house has more than 50% Mississippi girls is accurate. I'm sure 3-4 are at 50% or more. Does it really matter? For some reason girls try to put a negative spin on houses that have a larger number of in state girls. It is the University of Mississippi after all and Mississippi girls are going to attend the UOfM!
And yes all houses have girls from all over the country .

By: well...
#6  by: @@sad   

Your comments say a lot about you, and not in a flattering way. You are the reason I don't want to be in a "top"house.

By: @@sad
by: SadSep 11, 2015 10:03:36 PM

I'm the poster above "sad". I am not in a top tier house! I'm a pnm. I was just trying to point out the obvious, there are so many girls showing their insecurities. Top tier girls seem very confidence.
Pnm's need to go through rush with confidence and not sell themselves short! Go for the best! Don't hold yourself back.

#7  by: All the sads   

I'm glad that you are happy in your "top" tier houses. However, that does not make you the "cream of the crop." It does not insure the best jobs, best husband, best home in best neighborhood,etc; and if you think it does your are delusional.

By: All the sads
by: Yes it doesSep 11, 2015 7:35:31 PM

My mamma told me so. She said once I'm chosen to be in a top tier house that all my dreams would come true.

By: Yes it does
#8  by: ^   

This post is really funny.

By: ^
#9  by: @Yes it does   

I would like to think you are being sarcastic, but I know that's too much to hope for!

By: @Yes it does
by: Stupidity Sep 12, 2015 8:02:12 AM

@yes it does is obviously being sarcastic. I highly doubt any of the above was posted by actives. Even the one girls came back to say she was just a pnm.

By: Stupidity
#10  by: Sorry   

Tiers matter. Cream always rises to the top and the dregs always sink to the bottom. Not everybody gets a medal just for participating.

By: Sorry
by: @sorrySep 12, 2015 7:36:11 PM

As a PNM I hope I am not in your house. What a sensless and heartless thing to say.

By: @sorry
by: @sorrySep 12, 2015 7:37:08 PM

I mean I hope I don't get put imto your house. Sorry misspoke

by: @sorrySep 12, 2015 8:23:58 PM

Tiers really don't matter. After you graduate your sorority tier will only mean something if you stay in Mississippi. Ole Miss is actively recruiting OOS students and guess what - they are just as pretty as MS girls ( and probably smarter). We really don't give a crap about your tiers. We don't need to be in a "top" tier at Ole Miss, what we want is a loving sisterhood and lifelong friends.

by: HeySep 13, 2015 1:20:15 PM

I disagree

By: Hey

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.