facebook

connections

by: Rebs

Do actives you meet before rush count as connections? because for OOS girls is almost impossible to make connections with actives with out being in Mississippi

Posted By: Rebs
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Nope   

It would be way too late to consider them a connection.
Oos girls have no problem making connections. It's called networking.

I'm oos and didn't know a sole at ole miss at the beginning of my senior year in high school. I networked my a s s off and ended up with connections in many houses. Had three invited to spring parties and a great rush.

Girls, please stop using your oos status as an excuse as to why you didn't put in the work your senior year.

By: Nope
by: Ummmm...Sep 8, 2015 12:47:25 PM

There's OOS-South versus OOS-North/West/other. You never said which category you're in... Makes a difference. That said. There's alumni groups all over the country. And the ability to network. So on that we agree.

By: Ummmm...
by: 1234Sep 9, 2015 10:21:22 AM

How did you network in highschool? Like through alumni groups or social media? sorry, Im really lost and dont know where to start lol

By: 1234
by: ActuallySep 9, 2015 11:49:51 AM

I'm from Texas. Didn't know a soul before being accepted.

In high school I posted on Facebook that I had been accepted to ole miss. I had a friend of my moms see that post and next thing you know I was introduced to an ole miss chi o alumni who made some phone calls. Got chi o friend requests and an invite to a spring party.

My dad told a co worker that I was looking at ole miss. Co worker said that his niece was a Ddd at ole miss. Guess what, next thing I knew I was invited up for a spring party.

Attended our local Panhellenic fashion show. Met a KD ole miss alumni. Next thing I knew Kd's were friend requesting me and yes, another spring party.

My aunt mentioned to her mahjongg group that I was going to ole miss. Kappa and pi phi connections came out of that!

My neighbors cousin was an ole miss phi mu.

What I'm trying to say is that if you turn over enough stones, you will find all kinds of treasures underneath. Ole miss alumni are some of the nicest people in the whole world and always eager to help!

I literally ask every single lady I knew if she belong to a sorority and would mind writing a rec. Teachers, church ladies, friends moms, neighbors, ladies I babysat for, etc.

That's how you have a successful rush. Texas girls know how, so do most girls from the south. Jackson and Memphis girls have perfected it.

By: Actually
#2  by: Qt   

Basically, in Chi O, DDD, and KD you need to have strong connections that were made prior to starting at Ole Miss. DG definitely helps to have connections, but if your GPA is high enough and you're competitive then you can use new connections. Kappa will take you if you're pretty with decent grades regardless of connections if you're from Texas. If you've ever been in a pageant, you're on Phi Mu's list even if you don't know it. The others are manageable without connections.

By: Qt
by: GreekSep 8, 2015 4:17:43 PM

Almost true except.

Kappa is harder to get into than you think. If you are pretty with good grades and from Texas, but Ddd or chi o is also looking at you, you will be dropped. They don't rush girls they stand a chance of losing.

Phi mu does not only take pageant girls! I preffed phi mu and never ever would have dreamed of being in a tacky pageant!

By: Greek
#3  by: Whoa   

If DDD or Chi O active members have not already reached out to you for a pre-game, lunch date ( prior to new rules), then the chances of you making it back past first round are pretty slim. Yes, it stinks that great out of state girls slip through the cracks of top houses, but there are so many great in state girls with connections that there just simply aren't enough numbers to give girls without connections much hope. On the flip side, if you've been to a pregame or lunch date, you are likely SOMEWHERE on their list even if you're OOS. So if these houses interest you, Rush week will be your time to REALLY express your interest and turn on the charm.

KD is difficult without connections as well, but for some reason their alumni don't seem quite as passionate about PMN's as DDD and XO's are so it is generally easier for outgoing, SUPER competitive, cheerleader types from OOS to get invited back.

DG is also controlled largely by Alumni, and is a great house, but the amount of PMN's "wanting" DG isn't as high as the previous three mentioned as of late, so it is more likely OOS girls will be invited back if they have outstanding GPA and activities even if their connections are limited.

Kappa used to be a relatively safe place for pretty OOS girls with no connections to land. However, after enduring a few years of wilder than average pledge classes, they have made a strong and successful effort to clean up their image. They've become much stricter on grade risks!

By: Whoa
#4  by: Well   

Only if they like you enough to try to stand up for you

Some sororities have alums choose the new members lol

By: Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.