facebook

kappa kappa gamma discussion

by: GR Administrator

Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority chapter comments at University of Mississippi - Ole Miss

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 5
#11  by: olemiss422   

Kappa is the most fun along with Tri-Delt! They are definitely a top 3 or 4 sorority!

By: olemiss422
#12  by: Ole miss greek   

There are so many great sororities at ole miss they are all very good but a couple of my favorites are Kappa, AOII and Chi-O. These girls are all down to earth and I can not wait for rush next year!

By: Ole miss greek
#13  by: feel sorry   

for dg

By: feel sorry
#14  by: @yes   

you are correct I also heard Kappa and Chi-O the most strong nationally too.

By: @yes
#15  by: orientation   

I love kappas, phi mu and kd. These girls seem sweet!

By: orientation
#16  by: mary jean   

heard that it is hard to get a bid at Ole Miss; so why do you hear about girls dropping out after getting a bid ???

By: mary jean
#17  by: marty   

out of the total 3 OF GIRLS going out for rush, what % would you estimate who do not get a bid ?

By: marty
#18  by: @m.j. & marty   

Sorority recruitment at Ole Miss, is reputed to be quite competitive (and some even call it brutal). It is known as one of, if not the most competitive recruitment in the nation. TYPICALLY there will be around 700-800 "spots" available. This year, there are allegedly around 1200 signed up. You do the math. Now, who knows exactly why any member drops. It may be they found the sorority the chose or which chose them was not what they thought it would be (for any number of reasons). Lately, the financial committment may be more than some can bear, particularly in the current economy. However, the overwhelmingly vast majority do no drop.

By: @m.j. & marty
#19  by: rebelette   

I would think that the drop rate could also be reflective of the percentage of instate girls also. The MS dominant sororities would have a typically lower rate because the girls are closer to home and do not have the financial burden of OOS tuition. Situations can change overnight and girls can transfer back home. I feel like drop rate does not necessarily reflect on the sorority itself and cannot be helped in some cases. It would be interesting to really look at some data.

By: rebelette
#20  by: just wondering   

Is another sorority at Ole Miss needed ???

By: just wondering

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.