facebook

positive advice

by: PNM

It's less than a week until we all meet and I was wondering if anyone on here had any POSITIVES comments for those of us who are nervous

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Love   

The best advice I can give you is to be yourself!! Present yourself well but don't be someone you're not. All of my friends and I rushed freshman year and some of us got bids and some of us didn't but the process worked out for all of us. We are all happy. Trust the process of rush at IU! It works. Have fun with it! Good luck to you and all of your friends! No matter what happens you'll be fine! Also if you get a bid to somewhere that wasn't your first choice, GO to bid night!! I have friends who got their second and third choices and didn't want to go but they went anyway and now couldn't be happier! But if you decide it's not for you, remember you can drop up until initiation. Don't just drop because of a house's reputation. Maximize your options and stick it out to the end because you never know where you might end up calling home for the next three and a half years and for life. Just remember that if every house really lived up to its reputation and was as bad/weird/unpopular as people say then we wouldn't have any greek life to begin with because everyone would drop or nationals would take away charters. Every active who is in her sorority loves it so you should be respectful and give it a chance!! Just have a good time and enjoy the experience! You'll be fine. What's meant to be will be.

By: Love
by: PNMJan 2, 2015 12:06:04 PM

This is so refreshing, thank you from all PNMs on here!!

By: PNM
#2  by: ()   

You can't control the process. The sororities are the ones who are doing the choosing. So relax, be yourself, rank the way you really feel you'll fit in and stay positive. Don't focus on any one or a few chapters, that's a recipe for heartbreak.

By: ()
#3  by: Good luck!   

Approach each round with fresh eyes. If you don't get invited back to one of your favorites, move on quickly so you can evaluate the chapters you have left fairly. Don't play "what if" when a chapter doesn't invite you back. Find the good things in the chapters which did invite you back!

By: Good luck!
#4  by: Sister   

Be honest with yourself. The top tier sororities give out so few bids comparatively. Chances are you are not that special and won't receive one of those bids.

By: Sister
#5  by: TSM   

Don't compare the chapters you get back with the ones your friends get back. It's only going to make you or your friends upset.
Take notes after every round on your phone. Even little things like I talked to Girl X about XYZ will help you when you're ranking after the rounds are over.
My RhoGam advised my group to also score each chapter with "like", "love", or "not so much". This especially helps when ranking after 22 party.
As everyone said above, be yourself!!

By: TSM

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.