facebook

Changes I would make to sorority recruitment

by: PHA

If I was Panel president or Panhel VP of Recruitment, here's what I would do to make IU recruitment a 10/10:

1. Change the recruitment schedule so that Bid Night is actually Bid Day and PNMs can enjoy more time in the house and get to know their new sisters better
2. Bring back Promo Videos. They were fun.
3. Let houses do whatever they want for decorations. It's fun, brings back sorority spirit, and makes PNMs feel more important to have a house super decorated for them
4. Get rid of the stupid registration essays and make Open Invite round a real round again
5. Put up tents on the sidewalks with heaters so that PNMs are not freezing outside while lining up for rounds
6. Incorporate work week/spirit week for the week before recruitment so that it's more fun and creates more bonding/lifts peoples spirits
7. BETTER RECRUITMENT SHIRTS FOR PNMS AND ACTIVE MEMBERS. They're awful every year.

Posted By: PHA
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: yes   

why doesn't PHA listen to us? WE WANT TO DECORATE OUR OWN HOUSES WHERE WE LIVE. WE WANT BID DAY NOT BID NIGHT. Listen to us!!!!!!!!!

By: yes
#12  by: Answers   

Someone asked how PNMs would know to sign up for recruitment if it was held in the fall before school began. They would find out about it the same way PNMs at other schools do. Panhellenic would advertise. Pan would hold a question and answer session during each orientation in the summer. Pan would table during orientation. They would send out emails to all new female students about sorority life and recruitment when they open recruitment registration. They could offer a discounted fee if girls enroll in recruitment by “X” date. It wouldn’t be difficult to pull off. The major hurdle will be to get people in charge change. Think how long bed rush was a thing here. But if Pan stubbornly won’t switch from the winter, they should provided heated tents-the southern campuses have tents with fans for their PNMs during fall recruitment.

By: Answers
by: ^^^^Aug 31, 2022 8:51:47 PM

FR making PNMs wait outside in the cold is absurd and having them come inside to wait is chaotic af. Panhellenic can def afford something like that. I just feel like having rush in the Fall can be a step back from progress in the membership sense, like most girls who are legacies or have known about sororities will definitely register, but those who aren't legacies and have no idea what to do/how it works will definitely end up missing out. But I agree it would be a lot more fun and beneficial

By: ^^^^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.