facebook

Changes I would make to sorority recruitment

by: PHA

If I was Panel president or Panhel VP of Recruitment, here's what I would do to make IU recruitment a 10/10:

1. Change the recruitment schedule so that Bid Night is actually Bid Day and PNMs can enjoy more time in the house and get to know their new sisters better
2. Bring back Promo Videos. They were fun.
3. Let houses do whatever they want for decorations. It's fun, brings back sorority spirit, and makes PNMs feel more important to have a house super decorated for them
4. Get rid of the stupid registration essays and make Open Invite round a real round again
5. Put up tents on the sidewalks with heaters so that PNMs are not freezing outside while lining up for rounds
6. Incorporate work week/spirit week for the week before recruitment so that it's more fun and creates more bonding/lifts peoples spirits
7. BETTER RECRUITMENT SHIRTS FOR PNMS AND ACTIVE MEMBERS. They're awful every year.

Posted By: PHA
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: iu    

All of this.

By: iu
#2  by: yes   

the argument that decorations are “unfair” because some sororities don’t have houses makes no sense. at this point they’re just trying too hard to be woke, it’s not that deep it’s just balloons and neon signs come on.

By: yes
by: LMAOAug 12, 2022 8:25:54 AM

Whoever is downvoting this is either in a bottom house or in PHA. Why are yall so triggered by pompoms and glitter?

By: LMAO
#3  by: yup   

agree!!!

By: yup
#4  by: bump   

bump

By: bump
#5  by: ❄️   

Bid day is so much better than bid night. Also why is bid night on a tuesday and not saturday or sunday so that PNMs and actives can enjoy it and chill?

By: ❄️
by: YESAug 31, 2022 3:33:12 PM

YES!!!?? Why tf is it on tuesday nights???? Every single other school has bid day over the weekend

By: YES
#6  by: facts   

can someone send this post to PHA and ask them why we can’t change the schedule to make bid night > bid day? i’d love to know. thanks!

By: facts
#7  by: NPC Rules   

Some of what you desire may not be possible. NPC intentionally sets limits on decorations/frills so the focus is on New Members, not their fancy surroundings.

Promo videos are costly and not possible financially for some of the chapters, so they are no longer lovingly approved.

Tents with heaters would be costly, too, but not banned by NPC.

Open Invite First Round used to mean schlepping to 20+ houses over the course of two days. Who has time for that? There is plenty of time, during first semester, for greek and non-greek women to get to know one another around campus.

By: NPC Rules
by: ur wrongAug 18, 2022 5:44:40 PM

I respectfully disagree. For example:
1. Decorations and frills don’t impact conversation. It’s a chance for chapters to show their personalities and make rush fun instead of reducing it to a job interview

2. Promo videos usually have a budget cap as well as the sisterhood videos, and literally you don’t even need to hire someone to make them professionally. Theta’s a few years ago was mainly snapchat videos and girls can film it themselves. Super fun & lets PNMs get a sense/preview of the houses

3. NPC 100% has money to provide tents

4. Everyone has time to go to 20+ houses because it’s rush week. No classes, no anything. It’s absolutely unfair for PNMs to “get to know” houses based on an absolutely scripted Q&A session like last year, and it doesn’t give PNMs the chance to interact with houses. Also it’s absolutely ridiculous to ask actives to read 2,500 application essays who many times are very poorly written and don’t give PNMs a chance to show their personalities and find their real home

By: ur wrong
by: yupAug 22, 2022 9:43:39 AM

Fr the decorations thing is absolute bs. Other schools let houses hire professionals to make those balloon arches and flower arrangements during recruitment, and we can’t even have a poster in a room? The reasoning just doesn’t add up

By: yup
#8  by: iu    

^ YES 💯 AGREE!!!

#9  by: SEC Country   

Y’all will never have a good rush until you have fall rush. Spring rush is cold and weird.

By: SEC Country
by: ^Aug 22, 2022 11:02:01 PM

Yes agree but it’s also an advantage for PNMs so they have a chance to make friends outside their houses during the Fall. Also many PNMs don’t know how to register for recruitment/how it works before school starts and people start talking about it, so recruitment numbers would go wayyyyy down

By: ^
#10  by: iu    

^disagree pretty much every school has rush in the fall it needs to be changed

by: ?Aug 23, 2022 8:33:42 AM

So how would PNMs who don’t know a lot about greek life register for recruitment? How would they get that info? I agree Fall rush is better for everyone but also agree that numbers would go down. I don’t come from a greek life legacy family and had no idea how rush worked until the Fall when my friends explained it to me

By: ?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.