facebook

transferring to msu next year...

by: Mary Sue

I know this site is dodgy and unreliable, but I thought I'd ask my questions here anyway. :D My brother and I are considering transferring to MSU next Fall '13. We are both in the greek systems at our respective schools. He is a Sigma Pi and I'm a member of Kappa Alpha Theta. Our questions: How strong are these houses at MSU? Do they socialize with each other? If not, who do these two houses mostly party with? Thanks to anyone with any answers! Cheers.

Posted By: Mary Sue
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: karl welzein   

I personally like Theta, they're a top house, but aside from me, the consensus is they're barely tier 1 and could be tier 2 soon. They've definitely slipped over the years. Used to be classy, fun, and hot; now, they're just kind of boring. Still do mixers with the top 2 tiers.

Sigma Pi is bottom of tier 3. dirtball rep. Socialize with the Pi Phis and DG's of the world. Woof.

Based on your acct name, you're coming from u-m, where neither of those houses are strong, anyways, so not much will be changing for you, and it may even be an upgrade, you guys.

By: karl welzein
#2  by: Mary Sue   

Thanks for that quick reply! You must be psychic with the "UM"! You are just slightly off the mark as I'm at Miami-Ohio and my brother is at Mizzou. Long story on why we are thinking about the transfer. Maybe I can help my MSU Theta sisters become a bit less boring. haha. At any rate, my priorities at college do not include being "campus hottie." ;) Not that shallow, but I always try to look good, of course. Looking to make top grades leading to a top career, actually. I love to socialize, as well, and like a large social circle, hence why I went greek. Classy, smart, involved is more of where I am at. Sloppy drunkenness turns me off, off, off. You'll never see me doing the morning "walk of shame." :D Oh, and I hate pretentiousness. That makes everyone not hot but just sad.

Wow! about poor Sigma Pi! :( My bro will be disappointed to hear that! They are a strong chapter at Mizzou. He has a friend at MSU, but I think he just pledged Psi U.

If you have anything else to add, please do. You've been a great help.

By: Mary Sue
#3  by: msu   

Theta is considered boring because they have the highest GPA. In reality they go out 4 nights a week and definitely know how to have a good time. I am in a top sorority as well and all of my close friends who rushed are in theta now. They're beautiful, fun, smart, and respectable.
Sigma pi is definitely a weaker house. However, they do have a lot of fun guys and have mixers with each house occasionally. They are probably a middle ground frat considering we have in the 20's. Check out the fraternity ratings--they're not bottom of the pack

By: msu
#4  by: .   

No theta is considered boring because they are and they've been struggling for a while now. There's a few really pretty girls who do go out a lot but the rest are awkward and their house is really divided.

Sigma pi is a solid middle tier house. They had a lot of drama couple years ago and almost lost their house but they did good this year so I consider them to be on a rise. They have a lot of big parties and have socials with middle tier sororities.

By: .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.